Chapter 190: Christofern

(In Vinny's apartment building, Lloyd, Wu, Crystal, and Garmadon face each other at the door.)

Garmadon: Hmm.

Lloyd: That's all you have to say? (He puts his hands up.) "Hmm?"

Crystal: What happened to your other two arms? 

Lloyd: More importantly, what are you doing here?!

Garmadon: (Not answering Crystal and Lloyd's questions.) Hmm, well, I was expecting a pizza. I don't suppose you're delivering for Buddy's Pizza?

Wu: (He sighs.) No, we are not. (He, Crystal, and Lloyd enter the apartment.)

Garmadon: Wipe your feet. Vinny just vacuumed.

Gayle: (On the TV.) As you can see below, the Crystal army is beginning to reach the city limits, and not far behind them, the floating Crystal Island itself!

Crystal: The others aren't doing well.

Wu: (He shakes his head.) No, they aren't.

Garmadon: (He turns off the TV.) Now, what are youall  jabbering about?

Lloyd: What are you doing here? This makes no sense!

Crystal: (She pulls Lloyd back from Garmadon.) Garmadon, you've been here this whole time? In the middle of Ninjago City? Living in an apartment? With a camera man?

Garmadon: (He looks around the living room.) Yes? 

Wu: (Lloyd facepalms.) Explain this, brother! Explain the newspaper clippings, and— and— and why you're here, and...and all of it!

Garmadon: Hmm. I was hoping to avoid this conversation. But, since you're here, I may as well tell you the tale. (He turns around, away from the three.) It was after that squabble with the Omega Oni, after I saved all your lives.

Lloyd: Wait, what?

Crystal: Lloyd. (Lloyd sighs before putting his hands down.) 

(Flashbacks begin as Garmadon narrates.)

Garmadon (Narrating): I didn't know what to do with myself. I was usually the one trying to conquer Ninjago, not save it. It was a...peculiar feeling. I found myself confused. Why had I saved your lives? Did I actually care? 

Lloyd: Clearly not. 

Garmadon: Ahem. (He clears his throat before continuing.) I decided to do a little thinking. Take some...me time. I had questions about the nature of good and evil. Heh, I knew all about evil, but little about good. And I was curious. Did I have a capacity for good? Could I help people? All around me, I saw weak little humans trying their best to accomplish menial tasks. Like trimming bushes twig by twig, or trying to break ropes by pulling on them. It was madness, but I realized I was in a position to help them achieve their pointless goals.

Lloyd: Their goals aren't pointless! They were trying to—

Garmadon: (He burps.) Do you intend to continue interrupting me, or may I finish?

Wu: Finish, please.

Garmadon: While I stayed in Ninjago City-

Crystal: I'm sorry. (Garmadon looks at her annoyed.) But how did you stay in Ninjago City all this time without the police not knowing.