Chapter 11: The Royal Blacksmiths

Nya: They got the first one, but there are three more, and we just need one to stop Pythor. They have a map, and we don't, so they question remains: how are we gonna find them first?

Jay: I still can't get over the fact that you were the mysterious Samurai. Is anyone else blown away like I am?

Kai: We're over that. Can we move on?

Zane: It appears his impatience is because he has not found inner peace and unlocked his like you, Crystal and I have, Jay.

Kai: Great observation, Mr. Roboto, but Cole hasn't found it either.

Cole: I got it!

Kai: You've unlocked it? Oh, why am I the only one!?

Crystal: Chill Kai, Cole hasn't unlocked his true potential.

Cole: No, I figured out where I recognized the Fangblade from. I have a picture of it. (He goes to get the picture.)

Kai: Oh, haha.

Cole: I got it! (He shows them the Blade cup from his photo album.)

Jay: That's it!

Cole: Back where I grew up, there's this pretty big competition where every year the winner gets the Blade Cup. My dad's won it multiple times.

Zane: You never told us your dad was an accomplished athlete. What sport?

Cole: Oh, h-he's a, uh...a blacksmith.

Kai: Nothing wrong with that. My father was a blacksmith, too. But I've never heard of a competition—

Cole: That's because he's not a "blacksmith" blacksmith. He's a royal blacksmith.... (He turns a page of his album to show them a picture of his dad. Everyone except Crystal snickers.)

Crystal: Hey I remember now the Blade Cup competition. I always wanted to enter.

Kai: But how did the Fangblade become a trophy?

Cole: Well, supposedly, the Blade Cup was made by this guy who collected priceless artifacts. His name was something like, uh, Dutch...no, Clutch. Clutch Powers! Anyway, it gets passed on to each year's winner.

Zane: Who has it now? (Crystal shrugs)

Cole I don't know. I haven't talked to my father in years.

Kai: Well then, we'll call him up.

Cole: You can't! He thinks I'm in Ninjago City training at the Marty Oppenheimer school of performing arts. (He groans.) He wanted me to follow in his footsteps, Sing, dance. But when I couldn't do that stuff, well I...I ran away. When he sees I can't dance, he'll know I've been lying in all the letters I've been sending him.

Zane: He doesn't know you're a ninja?

Cole: What you wanna crack joke that my old man dances.

Kai: No, but if we want to get the fangblade then we better get our own act in tune.

(The ninja jump off the Bounty and give their weapons to Cole.)

Cole: Alright, hand them over. 

Jay: Ah-uh. But no mortal shall possess all four.

Cole: Very funny.

Kai: You wanna remind me again why we can't keep our weapons?

Cole: I told you, my dad can't find out I'm a ninja. And I don't feel like making up excuses why I'm carrying a scythe around with me, or you guys are caring swords, nunchucks, or shurikens. Just remember the plan: we find out who has the Fangblade trophy, we snatch it, and then we get out of town. (He knocks on the door.)