Chapter 14: The Rise of the Great Devourer

Nya: Why is it that torchfire mountain is the only place we can destroy the fangblades?

Styx: That is because the Fangblades are made from the original teeth of the Devourer. They're so strong they can only break down in extraordinary heat.

Jay: Uh, could someone pass the salt? (The bounty tilts, sliding the salt shaker towards him.) Hey, thanks. (Cole comes in, green from air sickness.)

Cole: (groggily) Please. No one talk about food. How much longer until we get there?

Jay: Not long. Hey, Cole, you're looking a little green over there. How'd you like a mucus salt sandwich? (Cole gulps and leaves)

Crystal: Jay. (Sighs) I'm going to make sure Cole's ok. (She leaves to go see Cole.)

(Time skip to the ninja arriving at torchfire mountain)

Nya: Will everyone please place their seat back and tray table in the full upright and locked position? We have reached our destination: Torchfire Mountain. Give it a minute while we settle into position. (The ninja exits the cabin each with a Fangblade in hand except Crystal.)

Jay: (Sighs) It's roasting out here.

Kai: Heh. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Jay: Hey, what's with Sensei?

Crystal: I don't know. He's been distant all morning.

Wu: Ah, it is beautiful, is it not?

Zane: Sensei, we are ready for the destruction of the Fangblades, yet you seem disinterested.

Wu: You do not need my approval to finish the task.

Jay: Uh, but Sensei—

Wu: Butts are for sitting. And besides, there will come a time when you will have to go on without me.

Kai: Sensei, you're talking crazy. You've been alive for, like, forever. (Crystal nudges him.) Ugh!

Zane: What he is trying to say is you are like the sunrise. We cannot begin a day without you.

Crystal: Exactly.

Wu: Ah, but even the sun must go down so a new day begins.

Cole: I don't like metaphors. What are you trying to say? Are you leaving us again?

Wu: In meditation, my smoke visions have come to an end, and tomorrow, I cannot see. This worries me.

Jay: But it could be a good omen, you know. We destroy the Fangblades, then everything's gravy.

Crystal: Gravy?

Wu: Let's just get rid of them, for good. (Inside the generator room, Pythor destroys a machine, making the Bounty unstable. Wu holds on to a wooden plank.)

Cole: Sensei! Hang on. We're coming. (He falls, but the ninja except Crystal catch him and he grabs Wu.) Unh! You're not going anywhere, old friend.

Wu: Thank you, Cole.

Crystal: Nya what happened!

Nya: Ah! Someone or something has overridden the system. (In the training room, Lloyd manages to escape and uncovers the tape from his mouth. He reaches the intercom.)