Chapter 72: Secrets Discovered

(The Time Twins and Vermillion bring Wu to their Dome of Doom.)

Krux: Such balance. Such power. When Ninjago is finally under our rule, they will sing songs about our triumph today, brother, and—

Acronix: Oh, you're so right, brother. How you doing back there, Wu? Perhaps he's gone deaf with old age.

Wu: Unfortunately, no. I can hear every one of your attempts at humor.

Machia: Move it, old man.

Blunck: This stinks. She got the Time Blade back. Totally made us look bad with Krux and Acronix.

Raggmunk: I wouldn't worry about it. They still need us.

Krux: Commander Blunck. Commander Raggmunk. We need you!

Raggmunk: See? Coming.

Krux: As you know, my brother and I had been worried about the leadership of the Vermillion warriors. And this mission certainly did not go as planned. The idea was simply to obtain the Time Blade. But now we are carrying a prisoner.

Blunck: Here it comes.

Raggmunk: Someone's in trouble.

Acronix: Commander Machia, your initiative in capturing the ninja's Master impressed us. You are promoted to the rank of Supreme Commander of the Vermillion Army.

Machia: I am honored.

Krux: Commanders Blunck and Raggmunk will report directly to you.

Raggmunk: What? Undeserved.

Blunck: So unfair.

Machia: Did you say something?

Raggmunk: Well deserved.

Blunck: So unfair...that it took so long.

Wu: Isn't all this celebrating and promoting a bit premature? My ninja are still out there.

Krux: Seven of them against all this? They have no leader. They have no Time Blades. They have no chance.

Acronix: One can only imagine how helpless they must feel. I almost feel sorry for them. Almost. (The Army laughs. Acronix's BorgWatch beeps.)

Krux: What are you doing?

Acronix: Sharing this with all my Instabook followers. "Achieved...total...victory."

Krux: Why must you ruin every good moment with your modern techno-garbage?

Acronix: And why must you be so stubborn about staying in the ancient past?

Lloyd: (He gives a speech to the team.) Hey. This fight is as far from over. I know we had a setback, but—

Kai: It's always darkest before the dawn. Blah, blah, blah. Come on, let's get going already, okay?

Crystal: Kai—

Kai: We don't need a pep talk. We need action.

Lloyd: I agree. They actually gave us a break by taking the Time Blade.

Cole: How is that a break?

Lloyd: If any of you captured something that powerful, what would you do?

Jay: Um, immediately haul it back home to show off to you guys?

Lloyd: Right! And unless I miss my guess, that's exactly where the Hands of Time are headed as we speak.-