Chapter 197: Distress Calls

(Today's Chapter opens up In the Serpentine's library, where Crystal and Lloyd are still searching for the Serpentine, going through the hallways. Meanwhile, Garmadon stands against a wall, tapping the ground with his foot, much to Lloyd's annoyance.)

Lloyd: (Looks around the corner.) Ugh, would you at least help us?

Garmadon: At what? We came all this way looking for the Serpentine to help battle the Overlord, and there is literally no sign of them. (He gestures to the surrounding area.) I believe this is what's called a "total bust."

Crystal: Well, like Styx said, they must be somewhere in the sewers. (She comes out of a hallway.) They couldn't have gone that far with their, well, mediem-large population.

Garmadon: Or were crystalized by the Vengestone Army. 

Crystal: (Sighs heavily.) As Zane and Pixal would say, that's a possibility as-well.

Lloyd: Oh, thanks for rubbing it in. (He looks through an empty shelve.)  Anything else you're helpful at? We could really use it.  (He looks back to still see Garmadon tapping the ground with his foot.) And stop doing that! 

Garmadon: (He pauses before walking up to Crystal.) The good news is, the snakes would've only gotten in the way. We're better off without them.

Crystal: I don't think-

Lloyd: We need allies! (He stomps up beside Crystal.) We can't do this alone!

Garmadon: That's the human part of you talking. If you would both embrace your Oni side, you would discover your full strength. (He waves at Crystal.) The Light Ninja can't even summon her darkness element anymore-

Crystal: (She turns around, lightning up a candle.) Which I find a good thing. 

Garmadon: (Grunts before pointing at Lloyd.) If it wasn't for you being my son, no one could tell you had a drop of Oni blood in you. (He crosses his arms.) Only your weakened humanity.

Lloyd: (He puts his hands up, knocking down some books.) My humanity is not weak! And relying on allies and having friends and having compassion for others, doesn't make you weak!

Garmadon: Having what now?

Lloyd: Argh- I can't believe this. (He walks in the other direction.)

Crystal: (She picks up the books from the ground before looking up to see Garmadon's confused face.) Compassion: It means to care for others, usually through pity and concern-

Lloyd: (On the other side of the shelf.) But of course you don't know what it means. (Mutters.) You're incapable of compassion.

Garmadon: I know what caring means. And I am not incapable of it! (He looks through the empty space of the bookshelf to see Lloyd from the other side.) And if you must know, I am learning how to have... "complassion."

Crystal: Compassion. 

Garmadon: Yes, that.

Lloyd: That's ridiculous. You can't learn how to care. (He glares at Garmadon.) You either care, or you don't. 

(Lloyd takes the books that he dropped, before putting them in the empty space in the bookshelf. Silencing the contact between him and his father as the latter looks at Crystal.)