Chapter 160: The Wrath of Kalmaar

(Under the sea in a temple, Maya, Crystal, and Nya wake up in a hallway. Maya and Nya are seen chained to a pole in the Temple of Wojira as Crystal is seen tied to her own pole. Nya tries to break free, but fails, then notices Maya chained to her and gasps.)

Nya: Mom? Mom, are you okay?

Maya: (She opens her eyes and grunts.) Yes, I'm fine honey. 

Nya: (She looks beside her.) Crystal? Are you okay?

Crystal: (She blinks groaning.) Yeah, I'm okay.

Nya: (She notices a black streak in Crystal's hair.) Crystal?

Crystal: Yeah?

Nya: (She shakes her head.) Uh, actually I'll tell you later.

Maya: Ugh, what happened? Where are we?

Nya: The Temple of Wojira.

Maya: Wojira? Wojira's a myth about a giant sea serpent.

Nya: It's not a myth. On our last adventure, we found proof. We found an ancient amulet on an island. 

Maya: Oh, honey I don't think-

Crystal: No, Nya's right, Maya. We found the Storm Amulet and like the legends say it belonged to Wojira. 

Nya: Yeah, and It was being protected by the Keepers of the—

Kalmaar: Go on, pray tell. (The three look up to him slithering into view.) About these "Keepers," about the Storm Amulet. 

Nya: Who are you?

Kalmaar: I am Prince Kalmaar, son of Trimaar, heir to the throne of Merlopia, rightful ruler of the Endless Sea, and I assure you, not someone to be trifled with. (He glares at Nya who glares back.) 

Maya: Well, it's nice to meet you!

Nya: Don't be nice to him, Mom! He's the one who blasted us in the back!

Crystal: She is right.

Maya: I'm sure that was just a tiny misunderstanding. We are trespassing in his temple.

Crystal: (Nya looks at her.) Uh...to be fair she is right too-

Nya: (She groans.) Mom! He's evil!

Maya: Nya! He can hear you! 

Kalmaar: Silence! All three of you! Tell me the location of this island, and I will spare your lives.

Nya: What island?

Kalmaar: The Island of the Keepers!

Nya: Keepers of what?

Kalmaar: (He loses his patience and starts yelling.) The Storm Amulet! T-The amulet you were just— (He stops when he sees Nya smiling smugly.)

Crystal: We're not telling you anything, Prince Kalmaar. You might as well just give up now. 

Kalmaar: (He takes a breath before turning to them.) I will ask one last time. Where is the island?

Nya: Save your breath, Calamari. Like Crystal said, we're not telling you anything.

Kalmaar: That's Kalmaar. (He points his trident at them threateningly.)