Chapter 73: Pause and Effect

Hey all! You might have noticed the new cover. I thought this book needed a more unique cover than the season 10 poster. So here we are. Anyways, hope you like it, and now lets start this chapter!

(Lloyd lays out their map.)

Lloyd: And if we do this right, we can find Master Wu, save Cyrus Borg, rescue everyone who was kidnapped, and stop and Krux and Acronix. But it'll take stealth, concentration, and precise execution.

Jay: And where does the fit in?

Lloyd: What slug?

Cole: Aah! That one! (He tries to get the slug off his shoulder.) Ew! Ew! Ew! It's so big! So gross! (Lloyd and Jay laugh while Crystal takes the slug off Cole's shoulder.) Phew! Thanks Crystal.

Crystal: No problem.

Nya: Hey, guys. What'd we miss?

Jay: Hahaha! Cole freaking out over a slug.

Zane: And Lloyd laying out the plan of attack.

Jay: Hehe. But mostly Cole freaking out.

Styx: So what's the plan?

Lloyd: As I was saying, Zane will use his sensors to locate Cyrus Borg while Jay and Cole rescue the workers from the warehouse. Styx will also accompany you two for unlocking the Wearhouse locks. If that's ok with Crystal.

Crystal: I'm fine with it. But I'm giving Styx to Cole.

Jay: Aww, why not me?

Styx: Because she doesn't trust you.

Jay: Hey! I'm trustworthy too.

Cole: Ha! Not as much as me. 

Jay: Oh yea-

Crystal: Break it up you two. Styx is going with Cole, end of story, (Nya gives Styx to Cole)

Jay: But-

Crystal: I said end of story! (Jay gulps while everyone else except Crystal are giggling a bit)

Lloyd: Anyways, I'll get Master Wu, who's probably in the holding cell. Kai, Crystal and Nya, you have the toughest job: locating Krux and Acronix. So you take the map. (He gives the map to Kai)

Nya: We can do that. Right, Kai and Crystal?

Crystal: Right.

Kai: Barracks, holding cell...

Nya: Ahem. Kai?

Kai: That's the mess hall and...what's this—

Nya and Crystal: Kai!

Kai: What? Yeah, yeah, we got it. Let's go.

Lloyd: Remember, stealth is key. Everyone knows what they're doing?

Crystal: Always.

Cole: On it.

Jay: Yep.

Nya: Yup.

Zane: Affirmative.

Kai: Oh, yeah. I know exactly what I'm doing.

Lloyd: Good luck. No pressure, but all of Ninjago is depending on us.

(Wu fights a Vermillion.)