Chapter 177: Hounddog McBrag

(In Kryptarium Prison, the Ninja are awakened by a whistle as they all groan with the exception of Zane and Jay who are still sleeping.)

Main Guard: Rise and shine! 

Lloyd: (He yawns stretching his arms.) What time is it?

Cole: (He waves his head from the top bunk trying to find the handle.) Ugh, it can't be morning already. (He groans when he accidentally falls off and hits the floor.) Ow...

Crystal: 7:00. (She stretches her arms when she jumps off her bed.) I think the floor was more comfortable than the beds.

Kai: (He looks at the ground to see Jay still sleeping.) Yeah, I'm switching with Jay, tonight.

(While Lloyd and Crystal go to wake up Zane and Jay, the Main Gaurd passes by their cell while yelling to the other inmates. Cole covers his ears at the loud whistle.) 

Cole: It's too early for this...

Kai: You're telling me.

Main Gaurd: Roll out for work detail! 

Jay: Ugh. (He stands up.) Work detail? 

Kai: I didn't know you had to work in jail. 

Zane: (Walks up to Kai.) It is common for prisoners to given labor, as both a means of exercise and of promoting a responsible work ethic. 

Cole: Well, beats staying here all day. 

Lloyd: And it's a chance to show we don't mean any trouble. 

Kai: Hah, so, what? They're just going to forget about last night just like that? (He snaps.) Doubt it. 

Jay: Aw, Kai's right. (He waves his hands in the air.) We're probably going to get the most work! 

Lloyd: Well, they're bound to forgive us sooner or later, right? (Everyone gives him a doubtful look.) Okay, either way, we don't use any powers. 

(Later, the Ninja and a few inmates board a bus. Mezmo gives Jay a threatening hiss while Jay whimpers and moves to the back. Lloyd goes to sit down but another inmate gives him a menacing look and he smiles nervously before sitting with Crystal.)

Main Guard: Twelve aboard! Lock 'n' load!

Fugi-Dove: (He faces Jay from his seat.) Well, well. If it isn't my arch-nemesis, Jay! The Ninja of Lightning!

Jay: ...Uh, sorry, have we met?

Fugi-Dove: Oh, you probably don't recognize me in my prison clothes. It is I! (He coos twice as Jay gives him a blank stare.) Fugi-Dove! 

Jay: Uh... (He looks to Zane who sitting in the seat across.) Zane did we ever defeat some criminal that looks like a dove?

Zane: Your description does not match any of my records.

Fugi-Dove: (He laughs.) That's because you weren't there robot Ninja when me and Jay first faced off. Ah, the memories. (Jay looks to Cole who shrugs looking back at his window.) 

Jay: Okay, look, I don't kn-

Fugi-Dove: Well, you probably remember this. (He clears his throat before cooing again as everyone covers their ears at the noise.) My cry fills the night!