Chapter 10: Once Bitten Twice Shy

Nya: Some villagers unearthed the remains of this Fangpyre a few miles away. It predates the Golden Age, and must be hundreds of years old. Although the venom in the fangs of the Fangpyre genetically mutate human cells into reptilian, I've learned there could be a way to stop the effects without having to create an antivenom. (Zane is shown taking notes while Kai is bored. Cole is drawing a picture of him fighting, Crystal is paying attention to the lesson. While Jay, sporting a new hairstyle, stares at Nya with an infatuated expression on his face.) If one is able to wildly raise their heart rate, hypothetically it could reverse the venom's effects. (Her cheeks turn pink.) Resulting in...diminished, uh, excuse me, is someone wearing perfume? I'm severely allergic to perfume (looks at Crystal).

Crystal: I don't wear perfume.

Jay: Heh. (Whispers to Kai) You told me it was men's cologne.

Kai: Meh, I get them mixed up. (Everyone but Jay, Crystal and Nya laughs. Zane turns his humor switch off.)

Cole: Ah, looks like class is over. Time to start stomping some serpentine before they find any fangblades.

Kai: Sounds like a plan.

Crystal: (sighs and walks over to Nya) You ok?

Nya: Yea I just need to get-

Jay: Uh, hey uh, Nya, I'm sorry. The reason I was—you know—I went to Kai because—look. What I'm trying to say is—

Nya: I know. It's just a cruel joke. I should be fine. Please, go fight snakes.

Jay: No, no, no, no. I was trying to impress you.

Nya: Impress me? 

Crystal: Uh, I forgot I needed to remember to do something. So, bye. (Crystal leaves and goes to the others)

(Time skip to when Jay comes through the door with fancy clothes) 

Cole: Whoa, where are you going, Mr. Fancy?

Jay: Didn't you hear? I'm taking Nya to a nice restaurant. A really nice restaurant.

Crystal: It's great to you see you both together now Jay. 

Jay: Thanks Crystal.

Kai: You might wanna change your plans. The bridge just picked up evidence of Serpentine activity over at Mega Monster Amusement Park. (The monitor shows a photo of Serpentine in the park)

Jay: Hey, that's Pythor.

Zane: Pythor would not be there for fun. We believe a Fangblade may be buried underneath the park.

Jay: We can't let them get it! Oh, but my...

Kai: Jay, if they get all four of them, Pythor can unleash the Great devourer. Get your priorities straight, man.

Crystal: I got an idea. There's a restaurant at the place you can go there and the rest of us will try to stop Pythor and have you for backup.

Jay: Really? (has a happy face) 

Crystal: Of course.

Jay: Thanks Crystal I'm going to go tell Nya right now! (He leaves the control room.)

Kai: What did you do that for?

Crystal: Jay's in love with your sister Kai. Just deal with it if he makes Nya happy then let them be happy.

Cole: She's got a point there Kai.

Kai: Fine.

(At the park with the ninja except Jay)

Kai: Where is everybody? (They see the riders scream and run out of the attraction.)

Cole: Wait a minute, that ride was never scary.

Crystal: It must be the Vemonari.

Kai: Should we get Jay?

Cole: Let's not bother him. I think we can handle this.

Kai: Excuse us, coming through.

Crystal: Pardon me.

Cole: Nothing to look at, folks.

Zane: This is official ninja business.

Pythor: Ah. (Laughs) The first fangblade is ours!

Kai: Not ssso fast.

Cole: Really? That's the best you got?

Kai: I couldn't think of anything on the fly.

Cole: How about "Time to burn" or "Jump on this fire ride?"

Crystal: Guys we've got bigger problems right now then better catchphrases!

(They attack the Serpentine.)

Zane: Watch and learn, friends. (He uses his True Potential, but accidentally freezes his teammates except Crystal.) Oops.

Crystal: Seriously?! (A snake grabs her but Styx slaps them away)

Crystal: Stay back! (She pulls out her swords)

Pythor: What are you going to do without your knights in shining armour.

Crystal: Attack you! Because I never needed them in the first place.

(While Crystal attacks the serpentine Nya uses her Mech to steal the Fangblade.

Pythor: Stop him!

Nya: (tries to fly off but can't) Thruster malfunction. (She runs away but the snakes eventually tackle her.)

Pythor: Finally, the mystery man is revealed. (Everyone gasps when her helmet is taken off.) Or should I have said mystery girl? Who's gonna save you now, hmm? (While the serpentine were busy Crystal gets the other ninja out)

(Time skip to when the ninja meet up at the Park's entrance with Nya and Jay.)

Zane: You really had me fooled. I never guessed you were the Samurai.

Cole: I wished I had a sister like you.

Kai: Technically, I was the first to discover her secret, and didn't we agree whoever we thought was the best would naturally be the green ninja? Huh? The Green Ninja! The destined ninja to defeat Lord Garmadon, huh?

Nya: Technically Crystal knew my secret way before you soooo.

Jay: (gasps in realization)  Crystal is the green ninja!

Crystal: You do know that was just a silly competition that you guys made up right?

Jay: You know what I learned today?

Nya: What's that?

Jay: No matter what kind of secret you have, whether you're a snake or a samurai, it's important to be yourself.

Cole: Yeah, that's cute, but you wanna know what I learned? The Serpentine now have the first Fangblade.

Zane: But we are getting stronger. One day, we will all reach our True Potential and Pythor will be stopped.

Jay: And we figured out all this without Sensei. Pretty good for five ninja. (Nya punches him.) And a Samurai.

Kai: I wonder what Sensei is doing now.