Chapter 164: Riddle of the Sphinx

(In the Monastery's courtyard, Kai is training with Ray.)

Ray: How was that? Your old man still-still has awesome moves. (He pants.) 

Kai: Heh, real great, Dad. But we're just sparring for Master Wu's little research project, so, don't hurt yourself, okay?

Wu: It's a valuable opportunity, to study the effect of elemental powers on a former master. But, sparring isn't what I had in mind. Uh, Kai, would you kindly direct a burst of fire at Ray?

Ray: Uh, what now? (Kai ignites his hand, which causes Ray to scream and duck. Just then, Cole enters the courtyard with Styx.)

Cole: Master Wu!

Wu: What is it, Cole?

Cole: Nya and the others are back at the Island of the Keepers. 

Styx: And get this! They found out the Storm Amulet's at the Explorer's Club!

Wu: The Explorer's Club? How is that possible?

Kai: Who would possibly be foolish enough to do that?

Styx: Dude- You're asking?

(At the Explorers Club, Clutch Powers is giving a presentation.)

Clutch: I, Clutch Powers, am proud to present to you, the fabled Storm Amulet of Wojira! Which I am generously donating to the club's permanent collection along with these images of the expedition. (He turns on a slideshow depicting a drawing of he and the ninja.)

Percy Shippelton: Why are these slides so...cartoonish?

Clutch: What? Oh, you mean why are they detailed illustrations instead of photographs? Well, that is due to the, uh, loss of my camera, which fell overboard during our daring escape.

Smythe: A reasonable explanation. Continue.

(At the Island of the Keepers, the Ninja are discussing their next move.)

Nya: Kalmaar's right. This is my fault. 

Crystal: Don't give up, Nya. Zane and Pixal will get the controls fixed. There's still hope. 

Zane: There is no hope. 

Jay: Wha- Seriously, Zane?!

Lloyd: Is it that bad?

Pixal: What Zane means is that we have both assessed the damage and it is beyond any physical repair.

Zane: The tools we would need are back at the Monastery.

Crystal: But the Keepers probably have some tools we could use, right?

Jay: Yeah! I could just ask them-

Pixal: (She shakes her head.) Even so, it would take days for it be fully repaired for sea.

Lloyd: (Looking out at the ocean.) Days we don't have.

Jay: Which means we're stranded. (He starts running in circles.) Oh, no, I can't be stranded an another island with no way back! The last time that happened I had to get some tiger widow ven-

Nya: You're not helping Jay. 

Jay: (He stops.) Hehe, right.

Maya: ...So now what do we do?