Chapter 57: Public Enemy Number One

(At the police station, reporters are still asking questions.)

Commissioner: That is all. (He heads inside.)

Ronin: Looks like you don't have an eye for this sort of work. You're never gonna catch them, Commish. If you wanna catch a ninja, you have to know a ninja.

Commissioner: Ronin, you're no better than the crooks you catch. I'll find them. I've already got that bookworm, Misako, in custody.

Ronin: But what about the Sensei?

Commissioner: Wu? Oh, he was last seen entering the library of Domu, but no one saw him come out. Those-Those ninja. They get all that power then use it to do what? Rob the only place that loved them. Spoiled brats! So, uh, you sure you can bring them to justice?

Ronin: Heh, with a bow on. All I need in return is a clean slate, so I can pile all that fresh money you're gonna give me onto it.

Commissioner: Catch all Six of them, Mr. Ronin, you can have anything you want.

Ronin: It's seven. There's seven of them now. And the 2 girls are probably the toughest ones to catch. (The reporters barge in and surround the Commissioner with microphones.)

(Misako, Tommy, and Simon are in an interrogation room.)

Simon: Just come clean, tell us where they are.

Tommy: We know you're protecting them. Spill it!

Misako: Like I said, it wasn't them. They were framed. You should be searching for the real culprits. 

Tommy: Right. That's what my mother would say too.

Misako: Do you really think Crystal would go bad even though she is kind hearted and even friends with a snake or snakes for that matter.

Simon: To be fair the snakes used to be bad.

Misako: The point is-

Tommy: Maybe we should give her some time to sweat it out. Come on, Simon.

Misako: Why won't you tell me where Wu is? I wish to speak to someone in charge! (They slam the door. Nadakhan appears.)

Nadakhan: Your wish is yours to keep.

Misako: My wish? No.

Nadakhan: Oh, yes.

Misako: Help! Uncuff me! Don't leave me alone with him!

Nadakhan: No one's behind there, unfortunately. Ooh. Someone was kind enough to bring donuts.

Misako: I know you. You're Nadakhan the Djinn. I knew it. Clouse was looking for the Teapot of Tyrahn.

Nadakhan: Oh, you mean...this? (He shows her the teapot.) It's smaller in person, I know. I was trapped inside it for longer than I care to recall. But now Clouse is in there. And he has Wu to keep him company. (He shows Misako Clouse and Wu inside the teapot.)

Misako: Wu! What have you done to him? What do you want?

Nadakhan: A good captain never leaves his crew behind, and mine was taken from me.

Misako: I've read about you. You were a pirate captain. The stories said you could grant wishes for others, but not for yourself. Is that why you made your living taking what never belonged to you?

Nadakhan: Yes, I cannot wish for myself, but I can always get what I want. Wu already told me where the realm crystal is, but I will still need your help.