Chapter 185: The Coming of the King

(To continue on the last cliffhanger, in the Crystal Temple, Lloyd is still hanging from Vengestone chains facing the Crystal King now knowing it's the Overlord.)

Lloyd: This isn't happening. I don't believe it!

Overlord: (Laughs) I have returned. Your grandfather fought me and failed. Your father fought me and also failed. You and your Ninja tried twice, and failed just like your forbearers.

Lloyd: You know what they say. (He shakes against the chains.) Ugh, third time's the charm. 

Overlord: You still hope. (He chuckles turning away.) Admirable, but foolish. Watch as I crush that hope. 

Lloyd: (He struggles, grunting.) How did you even get off the Dark Island? I thought you needed a vessel. Like my father. Like technology. How did you-

Overlord: Needed. That was the past, Green Ninja. (He creates an orb of Destruction.) This is the future. The difference between then and now comes down to just one important variable.

Lloyd: Ugh, and what's that?

Overlord: (He begins to power up the Council as beams go from his hands to the Golden Weapons.) With this Elemental Essense I am now strong enough to overpower the very weapons the First Spinjitzu Master created. 

Vangelis: I feel power, surging into me!

Aspheera: Yes. Me too! 

Lloyd: (He looks around, worried.) What Elemental Essense? You had all my friends destroyed! There is no more Elemental Power to take!

(A Shuriken of Destruction files outward and Ciara catches it)

Mechanic: Hey, I thought we were sharing!

(The other Shuriken of Destruction flies outward and the Mechanic takes it as he smiles.)

Overlord: (He chuckles.) That dear boy... 

(Aspheera gets the Sword of Destruction)

Overlord: ...is because the Dragon and Oni were more powerful than any Elemental Power that you speak of. 

(Vangelis gets the Scythe of Destruction)

Lloyd: Master Wu is gone...my father has disappeared. There is no more Dragon and Oni power in this Realm, not anymore. (He narrows his eyes at the Overlord.) Where did you get that power from?

(Pythor gets the Nunchucks of Destruction.)

Overlord: If only you knew. (He crosses his arms behind his back.) 

Pythor: (Happy because they have an electric chain connected to them.) Finally, these work! Thank you, my Lord!

Council: Thank you.

Lloyd: (He sees the crystals on the weapons and the council's armour.) So, you gave them some cute purple outfits. Is that supposed to impress me?

Overlord: Perhaps this will. 

(The Overlord turns and manipulates the central crystal, levitating the Crystal Temple.)

Pythor: Now that's impressive.

Vangelis: Very impressive.

Aspheera: Praise from the fallen king. Worthless! But the admiration of Aspheera, Empress of the Serpentine. That is a prize.