Chapter 159: Five Thousand Fathoms Down

(At the bottom of the ocean, everyone is working to repair the Hydro Bounty. As Pixal is seen in the control room, Maya and Nya are seen in the engine room trying to fix the ship as Lloyd, Zane, Jay, and Crystal are outside the room.)

Nya: (She screws something. Using communication.) Try again. 

P.I.X.A.L.: (She presses a button and nothing occurs.) Still nothing. 

Jay: (Leaning on the wall.) What do you think they're talking about?

Crystal: (Fixing the pipes.) Why does it matter?

Jay: I don't know...it just does. You know? (Crystal looks at him. To Zane) Hey, Zane, do you think you could use your Nindroid senses to listen in?

Maya: Maybe the line is blocked.

Nya: It's not the line, we just replaced the line.

Zane: That would be a breach in privacy, Jay.

Jay: Fine. (He sneaks to the door and cups his ear.) Ugh, I can't hear them. Lloyd, help me out here.

Lloyd: Uh...sure? (He goes to the window.) 

Maya: (She points.) Oh, what about that little clicky-thumpy thing over there?

Nya: You mean the piston?

Maya: Ah! Is that what it's called?

Nya: It's not the piston, Mom. It's the battery, okay? It's dead. (She touches her head annoyed.) Look. Isn't there something else you could be doing?

Maya: I'm here to help you, dear!

Nya: I don't need help! I've been doing just fine for a long time. The whole time you were gone, and and I were on our own, raising ourselves? Remember that time?

Maya: You know that your father and I didn't have any choice about that. We were imprisoned, and...

Nya: Oh, I know, Mom, I know! I'm not saying it's your fault, I'm just saying- (She smacks the pistons irritatedly.) It's a bit late to help now. I'm not a little girl anymore, okay?

(She opens a door to the hallway. Jay and Lloyd, who were listening in, while Zane and Crystal were given them dissaproving looks, quickly run away. Nya enters to find Jay using a plunger on the odometer and Lloyd adjusting a wheel. Zane and Crystal grin sheepishly at her, as Jay and Lloyd look away whistling.)

Nya: Great. You guys heard all that?

Jay: Uh, heard what?

Lloyd: No, we, um... (He turns a wheel and gets sprayed by water. He quickly turns it the other direction.)

Jay: We've been out here, working on the...(He looks around.) ...plumbing!

Zane: (Nods.) Yes, we did. 

Crystal: (Nya looks at her.) I told them not to.

Jay: (Eating a muffin as everyone looks at him.) What? Nya's mom's muffins are good! (Nya sighs heavily as she walks away.) 

Lloyd: Well that went well. 

Jay: Zane, I think we need to adjust your honesty circuits. (He sticks his plunger on Zane's face as he takes another bite.)

Crystal: Jay!

Jay: What?!

(Back in the control room, Nya sits down with her arms crossed as everyone walks in behind her.)