Chapter 154: The Gift of Jay

(Back in the throne room, Chief Mammatus and the Keepers surround the remaining members of the Team.)

Mammatus: Lock them up. All but one. The Gift...

Keeper: Which one? (He pokes his weapon at Kai before Jay steps in.) 

Jay: Guys, is all this really necessary? All the pushing and the poking and the zapping. 

Kai: (Whispers.) Uh, Jay, what are you doing?!

Jay: I'm just saying. Why don't we start over? (Stands before the Chief.) Ahem. My name's Jay, nice to meet you. (The rest of the Team watches this.) 

Mammatus: This one. (The Keepers take Jay before someone yells.)

Styx: (Appears on Jay's shoulder.) Hey, hey, hey, the dude just wanted to be your friend. If you're taking him, then you're taking me. (Gets ready to use his Form before Chief Mammatus holds him in his hand.)

Mammatus: You are like a snake, but you speak?

Styx: Uh, yeah, I'm Serpentine. Duh, now let go, personal boundaries aren't a thing here or something?! (Nya tries to grab Styx but is stopped by some Keepers.) 

Mammatus: Take the small one too. He's another of her kind.

Nya: (She watches the Keepers take away Jay and Styx.) Wait, where are you taking them?

Kai: Hey! (The Keepers poke him.) 

Cole: Back off!

Nya: Jay!

Cole: Styx!

(The last four Ninja are taken to a cell as another Keeper electrocutes Kai.)

Kai: Careful with that thing! 

(The Keepers lock the Ninja up as the doors close leaving them caged.) 

Kai: (Banging on the door.) You're making a big mistake!

Cole: Let us out of here! (He activates his lava arm, and they attempt to lift the door, but a Keeper electrocutes them.) Remind me not to try that again.

Misako: (She walks up to the Ninja with Wu.) Nya? Kai?

Nya: Misako!

Misako: Are you all okay?

Nya: Yeah, we're okay.

Cole: How about you guys?

Wu: Yes, we're fine.

Misako: They've treated us pretty well, all in all. 

Cole: Really?

Kai: They didn't seem that hospitable to me. (He rubs his arm.) 

Clutch: (Sitting on one of the explorers as the other fans him.) I've been in quicksand that was more comfortable. 

Kai: (To Cole.) What is this?

Cole: (Facepalms.) Don't ask me. 

Clutch: Dwayne! How's that tunnel coming along?

Dwayne: (He looks at his dirt-covered hands.) My hands hurt...

Nya: Why are they doing this? What do they want?