Chapter 150: The Upply Strike Back!

(In the Heart of the Mountain, the Upply are figuring out how to get out.)

Wu: (Pacing in front of the Team.) Here are the facts. We are lost underground, separated from our friends who are being hunted by an evil necromancer and an army of reanimated skeletons. We have very few weapons and no way out, but we are not giving in to despair. Where there is a will, there is a way, and we will find it. I want propositions.

Korgran: Propositions?

Styx: He means ideas.

Silk: (Everyone looks at her.) What are you all looking at me for? (Everyone looks away.)

Cole: Uh, I've got an idea. But this one's a little nuts.

Plundar: "This one"?

Wu: Let's hear it.

Cole: (He draws on the ground with a stick.) These are the tracks we found earlier, which I'm guessing lead to the surface.

Styx: I'm already out.

Cole: What? Why?

Styx: You said "guess." This isn't some show where everything just works out because of just one simple guess.

Vania: Hasn't all your adventures worked out in the end though?

Styx: A-

Silk: Continue.

Cole: (Sighs. Continues to draw.) And let's pretend this is the mine cart. (He takes a mushroom from Fungus's hat.) We take the wheels off, then strap the axle to the mech like a pair of giant rollerskates, and use the mech to propel the other carts back up the tracks.

Korgran: Propel?

Cole: Uh, propelling, please? (Fungus makes the mushroom glow and spin with magic.) Then, we get in the carts, and go zipping back up the tracks, like this. (He sets the mushroom on the ground, which zips along the tracks he drew, then flies up and explodes.)

Korgran: Explosion is us?

Silk: I'm out.

Cole: Minus the explosion, okay?

Silk: I'm in.

Plundar: That idea seems a little...what's the word I'm looking for?

Styx: Nuts?

Plundar: Oh yeah. Nuts.

Cole: I told you that at the start! Yeesh, nobody listens.

Silk: Well, I don't hear any other suggestions, so.... (Looks at Vania.)

Vania: So, unless you guys want to give up and just go back to Rock-Bottom...

Wu: I vote in favour of Cole's plan.

Styx: (Raises his hand.) Not much of a choice here. I'm with him.

Silk: (Makes the so-so sign.) Not as crazy as the other plans I've heard.

Styx: Wait a minut-

Fungus: As am I.

Korgran: Korgran also. And also Korgran's non-speaking axe.

Korgran's axe: Haha, you guys are bananas!

Korgran: Uh...(No notices Korgran's face.)