Chapter 54: Curseworld, Part I

(The citizens of Ninjago are celebrating the New Year Festival. In Chen's noodle house, Ronin is sitting by himself watching TV.)

Reporter: (On TV) Season of change is almost to an end. And residents of Ninjago eagerly await to celebrate tonight's New Year Festival.

Skylor: Hard to believe you don't have any friends to usher in the New Year.

Ronin: Let's just say I'm good at making friends, just not keeping them.

Skylor: Huh. Even a friend who spoils the party every once in a while is still a better friend than someone who stays. (She looks at Ronin's Aeroblade, which he puts away.) Ah. It's okay. I've been around enough weapons in my day. In fact, kind of reminds me of some old friends.

Ronin: How much do I owe you?

Skylor: It's on the house, friend.

Ronin: Huh. Appreciate it.

Reporter: Festival celebration is going on all over Ninjago.

Ronin: Hey, mind turning that up?

Reporter: But not only in Ninjago. Other cities in every corner...

Skylor: You know that sewer swamp?

Reporter: ...are celebrating this festival...

Ronin: Yeah. I used to call it home.

Reporter: ...and no other town likes to celebrate more than the residents in Stiix county.

Stiix Residents: Wow!

Boy: Oh, man. That's awesome.

Morro: Now let's shed a little light. (He sets the Realm Crystal in place and opens the Cursed Realm for the ghost warriors.)

Wrayth: Ah, it's good to be back.

Morro: How long until the Preeminent is ready?

Soul Archer: Her energy is still too strong to cross the Ethereal divide.

Bansha: The longer the gateway stays open, the stronger it becomes. We must prepare for her arrival.

Morro: Then what are we waiting for? Let the festivities begin.

(At steep wisdom, Wu tells the ninja they need supplies.)

Kai: Shouldn't we be going to Stiix? The longer we wait, the worse it'll get.

Wu: We need to stock up.

Jay: On what? Magic tea that will make us invincible? (Gasps.) Give us special powers? Is it gonna give us four arms?

Styx: What's with you and 4 arms?

Jay: I don't know, it just comes to mind.

Wu: Sadly, no magical tea today. I had to sell the rest of the merchandise along with everything else.

Zane: What? You sold your business? But that was for your retirement.

Cyrus: Ah! Hello again, ninja.

Wu: While we were away, I had Borg use the money from the tea farm to create us some new toys to balance the scales. They are expensive, you know.

Cyrus: It's been so long, I hardly recognize any of you. Lloyd looks older. I see a water Ninja. A titanium nindroid. Cole is a...a ghost? Huh? (He laughs nervously.) Jay looks shorter. Crystal's hair is longer. And, and then there's Kai.