Chapter 195: Safe Haven

(A flashback occurs of Kai and Cole racing through the streets. Before a Dragonide picks up Kai's vehicle.)

Cole: I didn't know your vehicle could fly!

Kai: It can't! It can't!

(The two screamed as they crashed. Now, in the present, Kai wakes up to find himself upside down.)

Kai: What? Where am I? (He touches his head.) Ugh, headache, headache! (He sighs.) Phew. Now what was I- Cole? (He looks under him to see Cole stuck in his seat conscience.) Cole! Cole, can you hear me? (He frees himself.) Ouch! Ugh, where's Cole when he's awake when you need him? (He attempts to take off the cockpit.) Come on!

Pythor: (From afar, to the Vengestone Guards) You six go that way! The rest of you, that way! Search the streets!

Kai: (Freezes.) I know that voice...

Pythor: Find the Ninja! The Crystal King commands it!

Kai: Come on. Come on! Wake up, Cole, buddy. Not a good time for a beauty nap! (He lifts the cockpit.) Yes! 

Cole: (Opens his eyes.) What happened...? Did we win...?

Kai: Not exactly. (He picks Cole up and carries him.) Ugh, even when you go on another one of your cake diets you still way a ton! I've got to get us out of here...

(Kai runs, carrying a limp Cole with him. A few seconds later, Pythor approaches the wreckage of both vehicles.)

Pythor: Jackpot! Finally! (He notices that the Ninja are missing.) Where are they? Ah. They're close. I can taste them! (In a singsong voice) Oh, Ninja! Where are you?

Kai: (Behind a mailbox. Whispers to himself.) Taste us, huh? That sounds familiar...and now I'm talking to myself. Thanks, Cole.

Cole: We're over here!

Kai: What the- (He covers Cole's mouth.) Are you nuts?! 

Pythor: Come out, come out, wherever you are!

Kai: Cole. Cole, snap out of it! (Shakes Cole.) I could really use your help here! Like superstrength help!

Pythor: Found you. (He blocks Kai's attack with the Nunchucks of Destruction.) Oopsie. Didn't work! If only your friend were awake. Perhaps, together, the two of you might have had a fighting chance.

Skylor: (On a building.) Let's find out!

Kai: Skylor? How did you— (Skylor jumps down.) Weren't you on the Bounty with the others- 

Skylor: (Smiles.) Hiya, hot shot. (She replicates both Kai's and Cole's powers.)

Pythor: Skylor? But, you're the one with the ability to—

Skylor: Yep. (She combines Fire and Earth to attack Pythor.)

Pythor: Impressive! But even your powers will be negated by my Vengestone soldiers! Warriors, advance!

Kai(Skylor seals the path with Earth.) Not bad.

Skylor: It won't last for long. Come on!

Pythor: They're getting away! Break these down! Smash them down! (To the Ninja) You can run, but you can't hide! We will find you! The Crystal King sees all! He will bring devastation and ruin down upon all of— Are you still there? I've— Hello? I can't see you! Look, am I just talking to myself or what? (He sighs melodramatically.) Well, that's just rude!