Chapter 169: The Turn of the Tide

(Above the water, Nya battles Kalmaar.)

Kalmaar: You have become one with the ocean! Like that Nyad. A foolish sacrifice! (He blasts Nya, but this time the blasts just go through her.) For it will gain you nothing! You cannot hope to defeat me and Wojira! 

Nya: Says you, Kalmaar. But the Wave Amulet has already been destroyed. (She throws multiple water projectiles at Kalmaar as he uses his trident to block them.) Now it's time to end this! Once and for all...

Kalmaar: But you forget that the Storm Amulet combines the powers of Wind and Water! (He smacks his trident onto the Storm Amulet and Wojira starts to shriek.) You may have taken over the power of the Wave amulet with your ludicrous surrender to the Sea but nothing in this Realm can tame....a storm.

(As storms start to occur above Kalmaar and Nya, the rest of the Team arrive on the Bounty and their subs.)

Crystal: (She points.) There she is!

Wu: Pixal land the Bounty here.

Pixal: (Nods.) Affirmative, hold on. 

Jay: (He jumps off the Bounty as soon as he sees...) Nya!

Nya: Jay. (She lets down her guard temporarily to gaze at Jay who's on a building. Kalmaar charges up his trident.)

Jay: Nya, look out! (Kalmaar's blast disintegrates Nya.) No!

Cole: (He gets out of his sub.) Did he just-

Crystal: Nya! 

Wu: It can't be...

Kalmaar: Destroy the Ninja! (Wojira's blasts send Jay, Crystal, and Wu flying back.)

Crystal: He couldn't have-

Wu: (He takes Crystal's arm as she winces.) We must leave now-

Jay: No! (He grabs Wu's staff and charges forward.)

Wu: Jay, wait!

Cole: Jay! 

(Jay leaps onto Wojira before Wu can stop him as he and tackles Kalmaar. The rest of the Team land on the roof as they try to get to Jay but Wojira stays out of reach. Jay is soon easily defeated.)

Kalmaar: A foolish attack! Your emotions blind you.

Lloyd: (He meets Wu and Crystal on the building.) Where's Jay-

Crystal: (She points.) We have to save him!

Styx: And do what?! You can't even walk!

Lloyd: Jay! It's not worth it! 

Cole: Jay, you blue-boy, get back here!

Lloyd: (To Crystal.) We gotta go-

Crystal: And go where? (Lloyd looks away saddened.) Jay!

Lloyd: (Sees Merlopians behind them.) We- (He clears his throat.) We got company!

Kai: (He looks behind them.) Ugh, not these guys again.

Cole: (Gets his hammer out.) Let's take these fish-sticks. 

Benthomaar: Or I could try pur-

Cole: We tried that before Bentho, trust me, followers and servants only follow the king...