Chapter 104: Boobytraps and How to Survive Them

(Gayle Gossip reports on the Pyramid.)

Gayle: This is Gayle Gossip from the desert, where a mysterious pyramid has been discovered. What's inside? Nobody knows. But at this moment, the ninja team have arrived and are preparing to enter the pyramid with famed explorer, Clutch Powers.

(It shows Clutch's book. Clutch tosses it aside. He starts drinking juice.)

Zane: (To Clutch.) Your assistance will be very helpful.

Clutch Nope. No way. (In German) Nein danke.

Lloyd: But nobody knows what's inside. There could be valuable historical relics.

Kai: Treasures!

Jay: Gold! 

Styx: (Gasps.) And diamonds!

Jay: Yea!

(Clutch continues drinking his juice and shrugs.)

Crystal: You're the foremost expert on ancient structures. 

Zane: And your book, Booby Traps and How to Survive Them, is considered a seminal work.

Clutch: Flattered! But still no.  (He continues drinking the juice.)

Nya: Professor, isn't there anything we can do to convince you?

Dwayne: (Comes out of no where) Professor Powers! There's a call for you! (He holds out his cell phone.)

Clutch: Now, Dwayne. I told you I didn't want to be disturbed.

Dwayne: But it's...The Explorer's Club!

Clutch: (He tosses his juice.) W-What? Give me that! (He snatches Dwayne's phone.) Ahem. This is Professor Powers.

Styx: What's "The Explorer's Club?" (The Ninja shrug)

Cecil Putnam: Professor Powers, Cecil Putnam at The Explorers Club. I regret to inform you, sir, your membership is being revoked.

Clutch: What? This is an outrage! I demand an explanation! (He stomps his foot while leaving the team confused.)

Cecil: Of course. The club's exploration clause requires all members to explore. You, sir, have not explored in over 10 years.

Clutch: I just discovered a pyramid!

Cecil: But you have not explored it. And as we are not the discovery club, I'm afraid I can't count that. (Clutch stomps his feet.) Sir? (Clutch face palms.) Are you there?

Clutch: Yes, yes, I'm here! And don't cancel anything! I'll get back to you. (He hangs up and tosses Dwayne's phone.) Ugh. Well guys, looks like you're in luck. Clutch Powers is open for business. (The team get excited, while he opens a chest and takes out an amulet and two flashlights.) 

(It cuts to the team and Clutch entering the pyramid. Clutch turns on a flashlight. He runs and then stops. He shines the light at the team.) 

Clutch: Now before we take another step, I hope each of you has read my book. It could save your life.

Zane: Of course!

Crystal: Uhhhhhh-

Kai: Yeah! I love...that book. (Clutch turns around and Kai winks at the other ninja while Styx facepalms.)

(Clutch and the ninja walk into a room with a bridge.)

Team: Woah!

Clutch: Chapter Eight: Rickety Old Bridges. (He turns around.) Only one way to cross them: fast and first. (He runs across the bridge.) Last person in line usually doesn't make it!