Chapter 139: Shintaro

(In the living room of the Monastery, Cole and Styx are seen playing Prime Empire when Lloyd walks in with a laundry basket.)

Lloyd: Are you both seriously playing video games right now?

Cole: It's my day off.

Styx: And I don't have anything else to do. 

Cole: Why wouldn't we be playing video games?

Lloyd: We've been gone for weeks, guys, and this monastery won't clean itself! We've got laundry to do, leaves to rake, firewood to chop, dishes to wash, and don't even get me started on repairing the sentry cannons outside the wall.

Styx: Sentry what now?

Lloyd: Cannons. The ones Aspheera and her Pyro-Vipers destroyed.

Styx: Ohhh.

Cole: (Groans) That sounds like a lot of work. Sure you don't wanna play?

Styx: We're almost at the "choose your champion" level! 

Lloyd: (He cringes before shaking his head) Did you not hear me? Cole, Styx, we've got a ton to do and- 

Crystal: Lloyd? What's taking you so long. (Walks into the room) I just finished the dishes and- (Sees Cole and Styx playing video games) Shouldn't you both be chopping the firewood with Kai?

Styx: Uh....it's our day off?

Crystal: You don't get a day off from housework. You both know that. (Crosses her arms) 

Lloyd: That's what I've been trying to tell them. (To Cole and Styx) Jay and Nya are still raking the leaves and someone's got to chop the wood with Kai and there's still the- Wait. What game is this?

Cole: Prime Empire.

Lloyd and Crystal: What?

Styx: What "what"? 

Cole: What's wrong? (Looks at the two)

Lloyd: Oh, nothing. 

Crystal: Except we were just trapped in that game-

Lloyd: -and got cubed!

Cole: (Looks at Styx who shrugs) You need to let go of the past, Lloyd and Crystal. Anyway, it's totally safe. Unagami and Dyer worked out the kinks and it's really fun. Look, I gotta concentrate. Me and Styx are just about to beat this level.

Styx: (His character beats the chicken in the "Choose Your Champion" level.) Take that you chicken! (The chicken looks at him) What are you looking at?

Crystal: You both are outside in 5 minutes. Okay?

Cole: Uh-huh. (Isn't paying attention) 

Crystal: (Sighs) Come on Lloyd- 

Lloyd: (Looks at the third controller on the couch) I guess one game wouldn't hurt-

Crystal: Don't encourage them.

Lloyd: Heh. (Scratches his head) Right. 

(Outside, Jay and Nya are raking leaves.)

Jay: Ugh, how are there this many leaves? I don't even see any trees.

Nya: They blow over the walls, Jay. And we've been gone a while. Aspheera's invasion, our little trip to the Never-Realm, being stuck in Prime Empire.