Chapter 75: Lost in Time

(The ninja watch as Nya, Kai, Wu, and Crystal follow the Time Twins into the temporal vortex.)

Jay: Kai! Nya! Crystal! Come back! Kai! Crystal! Nya! (Sobs.) Why'd they risk their lives to go after Krux and Acronix?

Ray: It was the only way to save Wu.

Jay: Oh, okay. I'm good with it. Hey, wait a sec. Who are you? And how do you know that?

Maya: I'm Maya. And this is Ray. We are—

Styx: Kai and Nya's parents. 

Lloyd: We saw your portrait at the Museum.

Ray: Krux and Acronix traveled back in time with the reversal time blade so our children and the light ninja had to follow.

Jay: Why?

Maya: Only that Blade can undo the effect of the Time Punch on Master Wu. They are his last hope.

Lloyd: Master Wu is with them?

Cole: We have to go help. We just need a time machine. You can build another one, right?

Cyrus: I can't.

Jay: Oh. I get it. "I can't" is business speak for "It'll cost you big." Okay, businessman, I hear you. Hm, I've got a tenner.

Maya: No time blades, no time travel. I'm afraid there is nothing to do but wait and hope Kai, Nya, and Crystal return.

Jay: Okay, then, Samurai X 2.0. While we're stuck waiting, why don't you tell us who's really under there?

Samurai X: No.

Jay: Uh, would a tenner change your mind?

Samurai X: No.

Jay: What about a piece of candy?

Samurai X: No.

Jay: What about two pieces of candy?!

Samurai X: No.

Styx: Jay, just stop. 

Jay: (He looks at the group and then back at the Samurai) How about guitar lessons?

Samurai: No.

Cole: You don't even know how to play the guitar.

Jay: Crystal does though.

Styx: So you're going to just sell her out like that?

Jay: What?! No way! I just meant-

Lloyd: Everyone quiet!

Maya: What you said is true. Kai and Nya truly are Master Wu's last hope.

Ray: Not just his. All of Ninjag—(He coughs.)

Maya: Ray. What is it?

Ray: On the ship, when Acronix hit me, he was holding a time blade and something happened. (Zane scans him.)

Zane: Accelerated physical deterioration, rapid loss of life function. You've been hit with a Time Punch, too.

Lloyd: And there's no cure.

Cole: Wait. You said the Reversal Blade can undo it on Master Wu. Would that work for you, too?

Ray: Only if our the three retrieve it and return in time.