Chapter 147: Dungeon Crawl

(In Rock-Bottom, the group are sitting around a purple fire while Cole is still seen unconscious.)

Styx: Hey, Cole buddy. Cole.... (Cole stirs.) Master Wu, do something.

Wu: (Talking to the barbarian.) And you say your ax talks? Curious.

Styx: (Sighs.) Cole....Wake up!

Cole: (He bolts up and sees a large spider.) Aah!

Styx: Finally. (Stands on Cole's shoulder.) 

Thief: Jeez, buddy, relax! That's Adam. He wouldn't hurt a fly.

Cole: Where am I? Who are you people?

Vania: (Looks back.) Cole!

Cole: Vania! Master Wu!

Vania: Thank the mountain.

Sorcerer: Good, sir Ninja, allow me to make the introductions! May I present, Korgran of Metalonia!

Korgran: Korgran is pleased to meet you.

Sorcerer: Plundar the Thief! Return his weapon, Plundar.

Plundar: Sorry, force of habit. (He returns Cole's shuriken.)

Sorcerer: And I am Fungus the Sorcerer. Around these parts, we are known simply as the Lowly.

Cole: The Lowly? So you're some kind of team?

Styx: Uh.....

Plundar: Uh, we are a party of adventurers. (They stand proudly.)

Cole: Adventurers? That's just what we need, actually. We're kind of on a quest and we could really use some help.

Korgran: Quest? (He fumbles with his axe, and drops it, nearly hitting Fungus.) Uh, Korgran... very busy just now. Must shine axe. (He walks off.)

Plundar: Uh, yeah, me too. Uh, I've got ... I-I've got stuff to steal. Loot to find. (He walks off as well.)

Fungus: Me as well, unfortunately. My schedule is a nightmare. (He starts walking off.)

Cole: (To Styx.) What's wrong with them?

Styx: They've been like this since you all woke up. (Shrugs.) But, they were telling me a story before Master Wu woke up.

Cole: (To Fungus.) I don't understand. Are you guys adventurers or not?

Fungus: Actually, the sad truth is, we wouldn't be much help. We failed at the only quest we ever attempted, which is why we're down here.

Cole: What happened?

Korgran: Korgran will tell the tale...

Styx: Here we go again. 

(Meanwhile, King Vangelis is seen with the Skull in the throne room.) 

Hazza D'ur: How long until the guards realize the truth?

Vangelis: They won't. (Looks towards Chompy who is inside a cage.) I will make sure of it.

(Back in the mountain, the Lowly have finished telling their tale.)

Plundar: And, uh, that's the story of our quest. 

Fungus: Finding the Skull of Hazza D'ur.