Chapter 174: A Painful Promise

(In the hangar bay, Skylor is freezing Nya as Pixal, Styx, and Wu watch.)

Wu: We're running out of time.

Skylor: Not sure how long I can keep this up!

Styx: How long have they been gone for?!

P.I.X.A.L.: Too long. (She presses a button on the units.) The cooling units are pushed to their limits, but the temperature keeps rising. If she gets too warm, Nya will completely melt.

Wu: And we'll lose her forever.

P.I.X.A.L.: Crystal has informed me that the Ninja have acquired Aspheera's staff, but there appear to have been complications. (She runs to the computer.) 

Styx: Uh, so when are they coming?!

Pixal: ETA 45 minutes. 

Styx: 45?! She's not going to make it.

Skylor: Don't- Ugh, say that! She going to make it! 

Pixal: Styx is correct though, the legthly amount of time for the Ninja's arrival is concerning. Even if Skylor is able to keep Nya frozen, we will need to stall Aspheera before she leaves.

Styx: Just tell her that if she does try to leave we'll kick her back into jail. Done. (Pixal looks at him in question.) What? We don't need to say the part that we're being hunted by the police.

Wu: We are not being hunted. Ninja are bring hunted, but not ours.

Styx: Yeah, but it's going to look suspicious if we do bring her back and those nosy New Ninja ask too many questions and we can't answer them.

Wu: (He looks around.) Where is Aspheera?

(Aspheera wanders around the hangar bay. She presses a few buttons and reveals the hidden compartment with the Golden Weapons.)

Aspheera: The Weapons of Spinjitzu. (She reaches for them.)

Styx: Hey, hey, hey, get your hands off our stuff, Aspheera.

Wu: (He appears in front of Aspheera with Styx.) Please. Don't make yourself at home.

Aspheera: Isn't it dangerous to have them so close together?

Wu: They are currently powerless. There is little risk in keeping all our eggs in one basket at this point. (He presses a button concealing the weapons once again.)

Aspheera: (Yawning) I wouldn't be so bored if I had some paper. I make fantastic origami. 

Styx: (He looks at the snake paper.) Meh, I've seen better.

Aspheera: (She hisses.) No matter, it was a hobby I picked up in prison. You know, where you sent me to rot? (She points at Wu but Styx slaps her hand away with his tail.) Where you reduced me, a sorceress and leader of armies, to folding paper into animals?

Wu: We have more pressing matters here than your arts and crafts, Aspheera.

Aspheera: Ah, yes. Your little Nya-sicle. Wish I could help, but your Ninja never came back. So I'm leaving. (She slithers off as Wu takes a step.) 

Wu: You agreed to save Nya by draining her powers.

Aspheera: If you brought me my staff, which you didn't. The Ninja clearly failed, so time for me to sssslither on down the road.