Chapter 175: Ninjago City vs. Ninja

(In the courtroom, the Ninja are awaiting trial.)

Cole: That was the fastest trial I ever saw in my life. (He slouches in his chair.) How did they convict us so quickly?

Zane: Kryptarium prison possessed witness reports from the Kryptaium's guards describing our use of Elemental power.

Jay: Which we can blame Kai for. (He points.) 

Kai: I told them it was a flamethrower. And anyways, Zane and Crystal used their powers too.

Crystal: (She shakes her head.) Zane's ice and my Light rocks were still in the hallways when we left. (Her face leans on her hand.) So there's also that evidence. 

Lloyd: Not to mention the New Ninja saw us with Aspheera and found out we were the ones who stole the staff from that armoured truck heist.

Jay: Which was Kai's fault, again. (He glares at Kai who scoffs.) 

Kai: Whatever, I still blame Dareth. (He glares at Dareth who puts his hands up in surrender.) 

Dareth: What? Why me?

Kai: Because you're our lawyer, Dareth!

Dareth: I told you guys. I took three weeks of law classes. Three weeks! And it was mostly how to get out of traffic tickets.

Styx: (In the first row of the viewers with Skylor, Wu, Pixa, and Nya.) Why didn't we hire a better lawyer? I mean, I know Dareth's our friend but the guy owns a karaoke club. And it's not even that good!

Pixal: I attempted to do so. But all of the individuals I contacted expressed that there would be no way to "win" the case. Mostly the reason of this was because of the large amount of evidence that was piled against the Ninja. 

Skylor: Maybe the judge will go easy on them. 

Wu: He is nicknamed "Toughbutt".

Dareth: (Overhearing from the front.) I don't think that's a nickname. I think that's his last name.

Kai: Nobody's last name is "Toughbutt".

Guard: All rise. The honorable judge William Horace Toughbutt presiding.

Toughbutt: Please be seated. (He bangs his gavel as everyone does so.)

Dareth: See, I told you. 

Kai: (He rolls his eyes, crossing his arms.) Hopefully this won't go as fast as the first trial. 

Toughbutt: In all my years as a judge, I have never seen such a callous disregard for public safety as I have in this case. 

Lloyd: (He cringes.) That isn't good is it?

Crystal: (She shakes his head.) It's really not. 

Toughbutt: The Ninja put the entire city at risk by freeing the convicted criminal Aspheera, and then helping to arm her with the very weapon she used to attack this city. Do you have anything to say in your defence before I pass judgment?

Dareth: (The Ninja look at him as he stands up nervously.) Uh, well, I'm not sure I would put it exactly like that.

Toughbutt: How would you put it exactly?

Dareth: (He walks up to the front.) Okay, yeah, that's what happened. 

Cole: (He facepalms.) We're done for.