one hundred and two

After a little bit of tear shedding and more hugs, I composed myself and was able to look up at our future home without crying.

"Ready to go in?" James asks me while tugging me forward.

"Yes." I breathe out.

James leads the way, propping open the red door for me, allowing a view inside. At first it's dark, but then the flick of a switch can be heard and light illuminates the place.

A few feet in front of me lies a wooden staircase that leads to a second floor, a hallway off to the right of that. Directly to my right side is a roomy family room, a deep grey couch filling up the space with a flat screen TV on the wall and a dark brown coffee table.

Moving into the family room, I turn to my left to find an open floor plan going right into a modern kitchen. Stainless steel appliances along with marble counter tops fill the space, including a huge island, perfect for baking.

It's silent as I enter the kitchen, finding a sliding door leading to the backyard, a circular kitchen table in front of it. The hallway next to the stairs leads back to the kitchen, a full bathroom in between.

I'm speechless as Bucky brings me upstairs, the first thing I see being a bay window, overlooking the street.

"A perfect reading place for my bookworm." He murmurs and tears flood my eyes.

He then tugs me to the first door, opening it to show a guest bedroom. The room next to it the same, both connected with a full bathroom, Jack and Jill style. We then go across the hallway to find a full bathroom, and then he leads me into another room.

There's a large desk with bookcases surrounding the walls, a chaise lounge in the corner and a rocking chair in another. It's a mix between a studio and a library.

"And now our room..." James mumbles while leading me towards the final door.

As he pushes it open, I'm left speechless as I see a ginormous bed with light grey covers across from us. A bedside table lays on each side, two bureau's on the wall to the right.

I walk further in, taking in the TV on the wall across the bed, the chest at the foot of the bed, and the connected bathroom and closet.

Once I'm done, I just turn to look at James, myself struck speechless.

"Do you like it?" He asks, a hint of anxiety covers his words.

"It's perfect." I breathe out, breaking eye contact to look around once more. "It's absolutely perfect."

I stride forward and take his face in my hands, pressing my lips to his. Muttering 'thank you' and 'I love you'.

"I have an idea," James mumbles as he picks me up, my legs wrapping around his torso. "We should christen our new home."

I chuckle as he puts me on the bed and crawls over me, kissing my neck while I play with his hair.

"That sounds like a great plan, Buck."

⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️

Hours later, James and I lay underneath the covers of our new bed, exhausted yet wide awake at the same time.

"I can't wait to be able to relax and start a family." He says while running a finger in circles on my shoulder.

"Me too. I have confidence that it'll be over soon, we're getting closer to our final battle or whatever we're calling it."

"And considering we have you, Wanda, Loki, and Sylvie, the fight will be over before it begins."

"It'll barely be a fight...unless they have those guns ready."

"Yeah," James lets out a sigh. "That would be very unfortunate for us."

There's a little lull in our conversation at that thought, but it eventually picks up.

"So, future timeline for us, go." I tell Bucky.

"Hmmm, wedding later this year," my heart skips a beat. "Kids or so a year or a few down the road. Maybe some traveling before the kids and exploring the world. Sunday night dinners at the compound...what about you."

"A wedding would be nice, small though. Just our family. Definitely traveling, I want to go to Hawaii, France, Greece, Bali...we have to go everywhere. And then kids. Preferably at least a boy and a girl. The best of both worlds. Movie nights with everyone, dinners, big holidays...I want a somewhat normal life for our future. How does that sound Bubs?"

"It sounds perfect, Doll."