sixty one

I've managed to avoid both of the boys to the best of my ability for the past two days. Trying to keep to myself, and focus on spending time with my girls.

Sharon hasn't come back, and I will go to Fury when I'm able to speak properly, as he doesn't need to know about the whole mind thing.

I also had a little heart to heart with Tony, which was really nice. It felt like we had grown apart, but we talked—well he talked, and that made me happy.

Right now I sit on the edge of a lab table, Bruce looking at my throat and the wounds on the outside of my neck.

"It's healing nicely, but it'll scar."

I shrug my shoulders. I had figured that.

"But, I think you could try talking, and then if it hurts I can give you something for the pain."

I take a deep breath and open my mouth. "H—," my voice is very scratchy and kind of gross. "Hey." I wince at the sound and then am hit with a coughing fit that literally burns.

"Ow," I croak out, once the coughing stops.

Bruce grimaces across from me. "Maybe take it slow for now. I'll get you some pain meds—"

"No," I hold up a hand. "No meds."

Each word sends a burn down my throat, but the medicine is unnecessary. Bruce just nods and reaches over, grabbing a tube of something.

"This is for your neck, it'll help it heal faster...well faster than your already sped up healing ability. So the outside should be better within a few days."

"Thanks."

"No problem, if there's any issues let me know."

I take the tube and smile at him, before exiting the room and making my way down to the kitchen. I stop at my room and put the ointment in my bathroom.

When I get to the kitchen, I find Wanda cooking breakfast with Peter and Nat sitting at the island.

"Morning." I say with a smile as I sit down next to Nat.

The three of them turn to me with grins.

"You can speak!" Pete says and I look over and nod.

"A little." It's still scratchy and hoarse, but better than nothing.

I jump slightly as Nat puts a hand on my thigh, but she quickly removes it at my reaction. I ignore it and turn my attention to Wanda who's cooking something.

I hesitantly reach out to Peter's mind, observing the waves of confusion and anxiety coming off of him.

Can I talk to you later? After breakfast?

He jerks a little in his seat as I send thoughts to him.

Before your training or after? Cause I go right after you and Wanda.

After both of our training.

Okay.

⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️

You know, I really like our new method of training.

Wanda stands across the way from me, her hands out with her red energy flowing from her. I stand opposite of her, all the way across the room, sending objects at her without lifting a finger.

Her glowing eyes flick back and forth as weights, chairs, and weapons are thrown at her from all directions. She spins back and forth, side to side, sending the objects back where they came from.