sixty nine

The feeling of being held by someone who loves you can never be compared. This is the first thought in my head as I wake up besides Peter.

He still has his arms wrapped around my waist, his chest rising and falling against my back with our legs entwined. The blinds over the windows are open, letting the morning sunlight filter in.

I touch Peter's thoughts, and find him not dreaming, but in a relaxed state.

Not wanting to wake him, I keep my eyes closed and just relax, enjoying this time together.

I'm not sure how long we lay together, but a loud knock on the door causes me to jerk and wake up Peter. He groans as I slide out from under his arms and make my way out to the door, opening it slightly and coming face to—well face to chest with James. Curse him for being so damn tall.

"What do you want?" My neck strains as I look up at him.

"It's 10:05. We have to get debriefed."

"Yippie." I glance back towards my bedroom door. "Give me ten minutes."

Not waiting for an answer, I shut the door and walk towards my dresser. I grab a new set of clothes and strip off my pj's, swiftly changing into jeans and a tee.

I then go out into the bathroom across the way and brush my teeth and fix my hair. The ends are wavy from letting it air dry the night before, and I choose to keep it down today.

I head back into my bedroom and smile at Peter.

"That wasn't ten minutes." He says, looking me up and down.

I stride forward and climb on the bed, then swiftly sliding onto his lap, my legs straddling his sides.

"I know." I trace the outline of his jaw and then push his fluffy hair out of his eyes. "You need a haircut." I murmur while leaning in, brushing my lips over his.

He shudders beneath me, causing a smirk to form on my face and a heat to form in my stomach. His hands settle just above the waistband of my jeans, his fingers making small circles.

I lean forward more, kissing him fully and wrapping my hands around the back of his neck. His grip on me tightens as I slide my tongue against his bottom lip.

Pete pulls my hips against him, earning him a gasp from me. His one hand leaves my hips, coming up to cup my cheek as he breaks apart from the kiss. I lose myself for a second in his eyes, they're a brown so dark, almost black.

Kind of like dark chocolate.

I'm kinda hungry.

That thought flies from my mind as he tilts my neck to the side and starts kissing the skin just below my ear. My head falls back slightly, my hands moving from his hair to his chest as he slightly sucks.

He continues to leave bruises along my neck, but then I feel him stiffen and stop. My eyes open and I turn so that I'm looking at him.

"What's wrong?" I ask, for some reason slightly out of breath.

"What's that?" He glances towards my shoulder and I turn, just finding the fabric of my shirt.

"Huh?"

He reaches up and tugs the neckline of the shirt to the side, exposing my skin and a rather large bruise.

My eyes widen slightly at that. Shit.

"It's just a bruise—" I'm startled as there's another knock on the door. "I gotta go. I'll be back soon." I quickly kiss him and slide off his lap. "Love you, Spidey."