fifty

"Alrighty, here goes nothing." I mumble to myself, fully knowing that everyone back at the tower can hear what I'm saying.

I'm walking down a street in the city, and it's surprisingly empty. Perfect.

I start whistling to myself as I stroll down the sidewalk, hands in the pockets of my hoodie, the moon casting a little light on the dark alley.

There's movement to your left. Steve's voice tells me through the comm in my ear.

I turn and pause, looking to my left. A grin forms on my face as two figures come out of the shadows, guns in their hands and across their backs.

"Hello!" I hear a groan come through from the comm. "For a super-secret scary-spy-killer organization, you're pretty easy to find."

The man on the right, a taller man with dark skin and hair cut close to the scalp, readjusts his gun, aiming it at me.

"I really wouldn't shoot. You want me to come peacefully? I will. But I don't like guns."

He keeps it raised at me and I roll my eyes. "Okay. Well, I would ask that you let my friend go and we can get this show on the road."

The man on the left, a guy with a stocky build and brown hair also cut close to the scalp, raises his hand to his ear.

"Yeah, we got her."

"Yes. Now let my friend go, or you'll lose me."

"She's cooperating," Lefty says into his earpiece. "They're sending him back. Now let's go."

"How do I know you're not lying?"

"You don't." Righty says. "But it's come with us, or they kill the kid."

I let out a sigh, and stride towards them. "This will be a very fun trip."

Lia, keep your earpiece in. We'll let you know when we have Peter. Steve's voice filters through me again.

⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️

After a very thorough pat down, they came to the conclusion that I have no weapons on me. My earpiece is clear, so thankfully they didn't see it.

And now we're on a train. I don't know how, but Hydra has connections with the railroad business. A valuable piece of information that I will gladly tell SHIELD.

"So, what are your names?"

Righty and Lefty glance at me and then each other.

"Look it's a long ride. You know my name, I think it's only right that I know yours."

Lefty speaks up first. "Theo."

I nod my head approvingly. "Such a normal name. Respect."

I look over at Righty, and he rolls his eyes at me. "Tat."

"Hmm," I start looking at him, but I can't see his skin as he wears long sleeves and pants. "Do you have any tattoos? I'm quite curious."

Tal. This is what running your mouth sounds like. I ignore Tony in my ear.

Tat lifts up his sleeve slightly, and I see the start of a tattoo on his wrist.

"Cool. So what do you guys do around here? Security? Kidnapping? Executions? Scientist? What else...uh, tech?"

"We're security." Theo says, looking a little annoyed.

"Cool. So, listen. If I'm going to be staying a while, there's some things you need to know."

Tal, enough.

"I have issues, so I need my anxiety and PTSD meds, otherwise I kinda go loony." I point to my head and twirl my finger around. "I don't like white rice, the color burnt sienna hurts my eyes, I'm going to need a coloring book, and if you have one, I'll take a goat." I smile at the men sitting across from me. "Those are my terms to be peaceful, and that's the bare minimum."

Theo sighs and turns to Tat. "Did you get that down?"

Tat shakes his head no, and sets his gun down on the floor, pulling out a small pad of paper and a pen from his pocket.

"Can you repeat that?"

⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️

The rest of the ride went like that, me asking them questions which were sometimes ignored and other times answered. I was also fed a nice meal of steak and eggs, can't complain there.

I refused to go to sleep, as I didn't want to be killed. Although, if they wanted me that bad they wouldn't kill me.

Eventually we got there, and the moon was long gone. I was transported to a car, where Tat put a bag over my head, and we were driven to the warehouse or whatever.

My leg kept bouncing as I awaited the update from Steve that Peter was back with them and okay.

The car stops and I wait until someone grabs my arm and hauls me out of the car. I can tell it's Theo, and he guides me along the way and into a building. We take three rights, then a left, go up a staircase, and then a right and another left before we stop.

The room reeks of antiseptic and the stomach churning smell of old blood. Theo pulls the bag off my head and I'm met with Dr M staring at me a few feet away, Kaminsky is off to the side and I get a wave of anger towards him as he had hit Peter.

"Hello! Dr M, it's nice to meet you. I'm such a fan." I hold out my hand and grin as he gets shocked when trying to shake it. "Oops, my bad. Sometimes the lightning gets a little wacky."

Dr M cocks his head and observes me. "I want to take her blood."

"Ah, needles are not—"

We have Peter, get out of there Tal.

I grin as I hear Steve's confirmation. "As much as I just love needles, I think it's my time to go—"

A gasp leaves me as something closes around my neck and sends a shock of electricity through my whole body. I fall to my knees and fight to pull in breaths as the shocking subsides.

I raise my hands and my eyes widen as I feel the collar around my neck. It's bulky and made of some type of metal, I grit my teeth and look over at the doctor who has a smirk on his face.

Tal? You okay?

I then look over at Theo. "I thought we were bonding dude. Not cool. Does this do what I think it does?" I ask the doctor.

Dr M claps his hands together. "Yes! I'm glad you asked. It renders your powers useless."

Don't worry. We'll find you.

"Well, shit. There goes that plan."