sixty seven

He's frozen as he looks me up and down and then settles back on my eyes.

"You're naked."

"What did you think I was doing? Watching a movie while I waited for you to get here?" I throw my hands up, exasperated.

He shifts slightly and averts his gaze. "Uh well, no. I knew exactly what was going on."

My brows furrow as I look at him. "Elaborate." He comes inside the room and I turn, crossing my arms.

"I could...hear you." He taps his ear and I realize he's talking about our comms.

"Oh." I feel my eyes widen slightly and a blush spread over my features. "Well, it's nothing you haven't heard before." I mutter as I walk back into the bedroom, trying to keep my confidence up.

James follows after me and I quickly put on my dress, not missing the way Bucky's eyes flick over to me.

I reach out to his thoughts and find that he's awfully concerned about me not wearing anything underneath the dress.

When I'm done I look over at the redhead.

"How do you know I'm a witch?"

"Everyone knows you're a witch."

I shake my head as I tug the itchy wig off. Bucky comes into view and stands across from Matthew.

"Who do you work for?" He asks.

"SHIELD. I work in weapons manufacturing."

"We know that." I state, grabbing a blanket and throwing it over Alina's body.

I kind of feel bad for her, but she got caught in the cross hairs.

"Who do you really work for?"

I see Matthew's mask slip for just a second, and I take that as my opportunity. I stride forward and place the tips of my fingers against his temples, delving into his mind.

He does work in manufacturing, however, he sends shipments to randomized locations for Hydra. Supplying them and telling SHIELD that the packages went missing. I see two other men that work with him, David Reynolds and Dwayne Rochester. Have to keep those names in mind.

He's not big with Hydra, just a supplier so he actually doesn't know much.

I pull back and nod at Bucky, signaling that I got what I wanted.

"Quick question," I start, turning to Matt. "How were you blocking me out?"

A smirk forms on his features. "You wanna know?"

"Obviously. I wouldn't have asked if I didn't want to know."

"We're trained on how to put walls up in our mind, so that freaks like you can't get in there."

"Well," I ignore the freak comment. "Clearly you suck at it." I turn towards Bucky. "That's all I wanted to know."

"What do you wanna do with him?" He asks me.

I take a second to consider. "What should we do with you?" I ask Matt.

"If you were smart you'd kill me. If you gave me to SHIELD as a prisoner that would do no good, my people would break me out. But, I have a feeling that you won't do it."

"Won't do what?"

"You won't kill me."

I let a smirk grow on my face as I cock my head to the side, watching as a loud snapping sound can be heard through the room and the light in his eyes dies out.