fifty two

A little ding sounds out and the doctor turns back to the front.

"Hello—"

"Wait! Are we on camera? Is it live?"

The doctor glares at me over his shoulder.

"Do I look okay? I mean it's been a while since I've had a proper shower and a change of clothes. Speaking of," I look over at Kaminsky. "Kam, dear. I need to use the restroom when you get a chance."

"Shut it, you imbecile." The doctor hisses at me and then turns back to the camera. "As you can see, we have your very..."

"Pretty, smart, cool, awesome, I can go on. Hungry, tired, amazing—"

"Your very annoying friend. We have much in store and are very excited to begin the testing with her."

"I'm not too good at tests. I cheated, like a lot. Probably the only way I made it through." I see Kam come over to me from behind the camera. I turn to him and smile. "Kam, I could go for some bread or maybe pasta. Carbs are good for the soul. But seriously, I need to pee. What if—"

I yelp as he pushes the back of the chair and I fall back, my head bouncing off the hard floor. My hands ache from underneath me, and I hiss as I'm pretty sure I broke a finger.

"Kam. You are an asshole. I would like to be picked up right now. Do not leave me on the ground."

"You're not in the position to be demanding things." Kaminsky replies as he lifts me up. "You keep talking and more bad stuff will follow."

"Yeah, yeah. I've been in this kind of situation before, I get that. But I like talking so—"

My head whips back as he punches me, probably breaking my nose.

"Ow, that one actually hurt." I lean forward and blink away tears as blood trickles from my nose. I look up at the camera and give my family at home a close lipped smile. "I'm doing great guys. Having so much fun. I recommend." I wiggle my fingers, biting my lip as my pinky aches.

I roll my eyes as Kam comes over and puts tape over my mouth. At least he got blood on him. I listen as the doctor drones on about some more testing and other shit he's going to do. Right now I'm focused on licking the tape to get it off my mouth.

I ignore the nasty taste of blood that's trailing from my nose and keep pushing my tongue against the tape. Finally it starts to come off.

I take in a nice gulp of breath as the tape falls off. Ignoring the ache coming from my nose. Twisting my head to the side, I attempt to wipe the blood off my face and onto my hoodie.

The doctor continues to talk and I just roll my eyes and sit back, waiting for him to stop.

Finally he does.

"Are you finished?" I raise my eyebrows and watch as he turns to me.

"Wasn't there tape on your mouth?"

"Yeah. I took it off. Anyways," I turn to look at the camera. "When I get home, I want some french toast, maybe a burger, ooo! And some pizza. They don't give me shit here." I glare at Kam in the corner of the room.

"Okay that's enough of you. Take her out of here."

I huff out a breath as Kam comes around and starts untying me, but his hands wander as he comes behind me and starts on my hands.

"Okay, keep your hands off, thank you very much. That's reserved for
non-hydra personnel only." I grit my teeth as he begins to take extra long untying my hands.

I look over and see the camera is still going. So I shake my head side to side as I mouth the word 'men'.

Kam finishes and does my ankles and then I'm up and resisting the urge to hit him. As I walk out, I turn back to the camera and watch as the doctor goes around to turn it off.

I glare up at Kam as he pushes me through the door and I stumble slightly.

As we start walking back through the hallways, an idea pops up in my head. I slow down my walking as I see an agent coming towards us. Kam lets out a breath and shoves me forward at the right time, and I yelp as I make myself trip and fall into the agent.

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry." I look up at him from where I'm on my knees, patting his side as I stand up. "Kam here likes to shove me, and often times I stumble because—"

"No one cares." Kam says, tugging me along, but not before I'm able to grab the key card from the agent.

⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️

They brought me food this morning, so that's nice. It consisted of bread and water, but I'll take it.

I keep the key card tucked in my underwear, as no one better be going in there. I've come to the conclusion that I probably smell and my hair is probably disgusting.

That's definitely the thing I should be least concerned about, but I try to stay distracted from the fact that I'm back in a cell, alone.

Kaminsky comes at his normal time and I get up and follow him. He leads me back to the lab, but he doesn't strap me into the chair. I stand next to him and wait for the doctor to acknowledge us.

He turns and holds up little circle suction cup things that are attached to wires.

"Today we're monitoring your brain activity."

"Oh, joy."

He comes over and starts placing the suction cups on me, one on each temple with two on the forehead.

"How are we gonna do this?" I ask him.

He pauses and I look over at the machine that the wires are connected too. He grabs a small device and presses a button.

I let out a piercing scream as pain erupts along my body, emitting from the collar around my neck. It's as if someone stuck me in an oven and then electrocuted me at the same time. My body burns and burns and I scream and scream. The pain literally burning me out, until I see nothing but black.