eighty seven

Bucky had held me all night, close to his body. I didn't fall back asleep that night, but when James drifted off, his hold never lessened. And then in the morning, Nat and Steve had said nothing, but I explained myself to the redhead anyways.

The next week passed by, another team was sent out to a Hydra base in Wisconsin, and they were able to blow it up successfully. The bases all switched their codes when we blew up the one in Ohio, however, Alvarez knew the new codes.

I worked on stretching and doing some training to get back into it, Steve's back needs a little more time before he starts to move like that. James had joined me, us training together and not yelling at each other was a first.

We've also gotten...more comfortable with each other. We gravitate to each other when we're in a room, and he always finds a way to be near me or to be touching me. We haven't kissed or done anything, and he still stays over. No other nightmares this week, thankfully.

We did, however, end up interrogating an agent that works in the upper levels with Fury. He turned out to be Hydra, so he was taken care of.

Thor headed back to New Asgard. I think that he feels at home when he's there, with other Asgardians, and I can tell that he still carries a lot of grief with him for his family and friends. But he'll be away for a little. And then Nat, Wanda, and I had done some shopping for the party tonight.

I'm currently getting ready with the girls, maneuvering the air to dry my nails ASAP. They're painted white to match my costume, Nat's blood red, and Wanda has a metallic black. Nat has her playlist going as she finishes up her makeup, but the bass from the expansive living room can be heard.

Tony wanted an authentic Halloween party...whatever the hell that means. So, we had to clear out the formal living room to make room for whatever he brought in. I know there's a dance floor, but that's it.

Once my nails are properly dried, I get up and go over to where Nat sits in front of her vanity, applying false lashes.

"Do you have any cute earrings I can borrow?" I ask her, to which she jerks her head towards her closet.

"Take whatever you need, babe."

I thank her and then enter her closet, going towards the little display on a counter that holds necklaces. I open the drawer underneath and find a ton of earrings laid out. I settle on a pair that have some sort of white crystals, that form a leaf-looking shape that dangles. I lift one up and admire the way the light reflects off of the earrings.

As I walk back into her bedroom, I put the earrings in, careful to not get any hairs caught. I take a look around at the girls and nod.

"We look hot."

"Damn straight." Nat says over her shoulder, applying finishing touches.

Wanda and I are angels, with Nat as the devil.

I'm a pure, white angel, most likely because my hair's white, while Wanda's a fallen angel. Red, black, and white.

Wanda sits on the edge of Nat's bed, her legs crossed. Her hair is pulled back into a straight, high pony, which is very different from her usual look, her makeup also a sharp contrast. Natasha ended up doing a smoky eye for her, the false lashes totally making her green and blue eye color pop. She wears a tight black cocktail dress with a square neckline, showing off her curves, along with these black feathered wings that we found. Wands also wears thigh high black leather boots, a few rings on her fingers, and then some black stud earrings. It's so not Wanda, that it makes the look even better.

Turning to Nat, she sits at the vanity and starts to spray something on her face, probably setting spray. Her red hair is down and done in curls, ending just below her collar bone, a headband with devil horns lays across the top of her head. For her makeup, she did a winged eyeliner, but instead of black, it's red, and then she also has a nice red lip on. Her dress is strapless, a red satin material that hugs her and leaves nothing to imagination. She has on red sheer stockings with some lace trim and then shiny, red stiletto's along with a devil tail that we sewed into the back of the dress. For jewelry, she just did a simple gold chain and some gold hoops.