fourteen

"Hey..."

I look around from where I was packing a small bag to find Steve leaning against my door.

"What's up?"

I let out a sigh as I turn back and pack a spare set of clothes just in case.

"You going to get Thor?" He asks while walking over.

"That's the plan."

I sigh as Steve runs his hand along my back.

"Wanna go a quick round? You seem...stressed." He mutters.

I turn to him with a small smile. "I'm not really in the mood for sex, Capsicle. I just get nervous, you know that."

"I know," he says while sitting down on the edge of my bed.

"Is it bad that I'm scared to go see Thor? He was full of so much pain and agony the last time I saw him."

"It's not bad...we all lost ourselves along the way. And he just needs to be brought back."

"Yeah..." I zip up my bag and shoulder it. "I can't believe Tony's actually helping though."

"I figured he would. You know how he can't really let some things go."

"True...alright, out of my room. Let's go," I start pushing him out. "I'm gonna grab a snack, and then you're gonna help dad set up while we go get Point-break."

"Sounds like a plan. But will you stop shoving me?"

⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️

Thankfully, the ride to New Asgard was short. The downside was that I had to ride in the bed of a truck with Rocket and Bruce...which was slightly uncomfortable.

There were tons of bumps and so I kept hitting Bruce's shoulder, but he didn't mind much.

New Asgard was cute, it was small, but it was comfortable. Located right on the shore with the houses resembling something from an older era.

Eventually, we made it to our destination and the driver dropped us off.

"Kind of a step down from the golden palaces and the magic hammers and whatnot." Rocket says as we get off the truck.

"I like it."

"Have a little compassion, pal." Bruce says.

"They lost their home and then half of their people, Rocket." I mutter.

"They're probably just happy to have a home." Bruce finishes for me.

"You shouldn't have come." I turn around to find who I'm assuming is Valkyrie.

I haven't officially met her, only heard of her.

"Ah! Valkyrie! Great to see you angry girl!" I follow after Bruce and give the girl a smile.

"Hmm," she says while looking at me. "You're Talia? The all powerful witch?"

"Um...no? Just Tal. Not a witch." I give her a tight lipped smile.

She just nods her head and turns back to Bruce. "I think I liked you better either of the other ways."

Bruce just smiles and gestures to the raccoon next to us. "This is Rocket."

"How ya doing?" Valkyrie just glances at him and then back to Bruce.

"He won't see you."

"We aren't taking no for an answer." I say. "It's important."