seventy four

Bucky and I had spent the last couple of days scoping out our potential suspects, a few of them were able to give us some new information that we added to our boards. By now, Friday, our board is filled pretty good with suspects and with people that we've already interrogated.

Dwayne Rochester is still on the to-do, we haven't gotten to him yet. But we're slowly moving down our list, getting as much intel as we can.

Right now, I'm getting ready for my dinner date with Peter, I'm gonna meet him at the Italian restaurant he picked out in about a half hour.

I take another look in the mirror, a maroon loose fitting dress on my body with some wedges. My hair is actually straightened for once, courtesy of Natasha, and then I did a little bit of makeup since we're going to a fancy place.

I grab my small black purse and stuff my lip gloss in it, then I head out of my bedroom and towards the kitchen. I see Wanda's orange-y hair as I enter, Nat smiling at me across the table.

"Look at you...all dolled up."

I chuckle and shake my head. "Thanks for doing my hair again."

Nat shrugs. "Anytime. You excited?"

I feel my smile falter for a second. "Honestly...I'm kind of nervous."

Wanda's brows furrow as her eyes flick towards me. "Why are you nervous?"

"I don't know...I...it's like there's tension between us. And I have no clue what to do about it."

"Tension...like sexual tension?" Nat asks me.

"No, more like an awkwardness. Which is weird because we were never awkward around each other." A frustrated sigh leaves me as I shake my head. "I'm probably over thinking it..."

Wanda gives me a small smile. "Don't stress. Go to your date, and have some fun."

"Yeah...you're right." I take a deep breath and kind of shake my shoulders. "Okay. No stress. I'll see you guys later."

"Have fun!" Nat calls out as I turn and make my way to the parking lot.

⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️

Seeing Peter in a blue and white button down shirt with black dress pants, I feel a flutter in my chest. He must have used gel, because his hair is swooped to the side and, for once, staying in place.

He grins when he sees me, and I wave as I get closer.

"You look very pretty." He says while tucking an arm around my waist and pulling me to him in a side hug.

Pete presses a kiss on my head, and I look up at him, a smile on my face.

"And you look handsome. Like prince charming."

He tilts his head. "I thought I was the general or something."

"Nope. You're just a knight."

He chuckles as he pulls me along the sidewalk, us getting closer towards the restaurant, him keeping an arm around me.

"So, you're the queen. And I've been demoted?"

"Yes." I give him a little cheeky smile as we arrive at Marcella's Italiano Cuisine, some fancy Italian restaurant.

He pushes open the door and holds it for me, myself entering first and being greeted by a young woman with dark red hair, pin straight, down turned eyes and red lips. She gives us a wide smile.