sixteen

We look over at the screens that display the three teams.

One for New York, one for Asgard, and then the third for Vormir and Morag.

"Alright, we have a plan." Steve says. "Six stones, three teams, one shot."

"Let's do this ladies and gents." I say while getting out of my chair.

"Suit up."

Nebula, Nat, and I make our way to the lab and grab our suits, then we head over to the girls dressing rooms.

Nat has me braid her hair after I do mine. We quickly change and head out to the hangar, where we meet the boys.

"Five years ago we lost. All of us. We lost friends. We lost family. We lost a part of ourselves. Today we have a chance to take it all back." I look around at my friends, my family as we meet in the middle of the machine. "You know your teams. You know your missions. Get the stones." We all place our hands in the middle. "Get them back. One round trip each. No mistakes...no do overs. Most of us are going somewhere we know. That doesn't mean we should know what to expect. Be careful. Look out for each other. This is the fight of our lives...and we're gonna win. Whatever it takes."

I smile and lightly clap my hands. "That was beautiful, Dorito. Very eloquent."

He rolls his eyes at me as I send him a wink.

Steve looks at each of us. "Good luck."

"He's pretty good at that." Rocket says.

"I think he took public speaking classes in high school."

"Probably."

"Alright. You heard the man." Tony says. "Stroke those keys Jolly Green."

"Trackers engaged."

"You promise to bring that back in one piece right?" Rocket asks Clint.

"Yeah yeah yeah. Okay, I'll do my best."

"As promises go that was pretty lame."

Bruce comes back and claps his hands. I look over at Nat as she smirks.

"See you in a minute."

I activate my helmet as the machine starts whirring and the panels start to rotate. I feel a tug at my navel as we get sucked into the quantum realm.

It's quick and then we arrive in New York, 2012. AKA the day I came to Earth.

I look around at the destruction around us, thanks to the Chitauri, and then over at Scott, Tony, Bruce, and Steve.

"Alright, we all have our assignments. Two stones uptown, one stone down." I look over to see Bruce in a tank top and shorts. and I look down at myself, quickly activating my own suit. "Stay low. Keep an eye on the clock." He glances at me. "Don't be seen."

I nod but then we all turn around as a loud crash is heard. I watch, eyes slightly wide, as old Hulk grabs a car and smashes it repeatedly into the ground and then jumps on it a few times.

Steve turns to Bulky. "Maybe smash a few things along the way."

"I think it's gratuitous but whatever." Bruce says as he rips his shirt off.

I grimace as he awkwardly roars and hits the top of a taxi.

"That'll do I guess." Steve mutters.

I quickly glance at Tony and Steve and then follow after Bruce, as we head to Sanctum.

We stay in the shadows, until we get closer, opting to travel on the roofs. Eventually Bruce jumps off and I follow, landing next to him behind a bald woman.