eighty nine

I wake up to a soft touch along my back, Bucky's finger running up and down my spine. Eyes closed, I squeeze him and snuggle towards him with a smile.

"I didn't mean to wake you." He says, his voice deep and raspy.

"Who said I was awake?" I murmur as I shift my head on his bare chest.

It's a little chilly in my room, but Bucky gives off a lot of heat, and thankfully the bedsheet is at least up to my waist. I reach over and tug it up to my neck, cocooning myself in it.

"You look awake to me."

"I'm not. Just sleep talking, Bubs."

"Stop calling me that," he ruffles my hair, but then pulls me even closer to him. "I don't like it."

"Too bad." He tugs me somewhat onto his body, my head by his shoulder and my arms tucked to my chest.

"That isn't very nice."

"When are we ever nice to each other?"

He grunts and I chuckle to myself, staying quiet and letting him hold me for a while.

"We should get up." James says after a while.

"Why?" I turn my head and open my eyes, meeting his piercing stare.

"People are gonna wonder where we are, Snow."

"Then let them wonder." I look away from him and wiggle my arms out from under my chest. "I want to stay here. With you."

"That was actually cute." He flicks the tip of my nose and I glare up at him.

"And because I am extremely sore. Everywhere. I don't know if I can even make it to the kitchen."

Bucky's chest jumps as he laughs at me. "I think we should get up."

I sigh and roll completely on top of him, wrapping my arms around his upper body and tucking my hands under his shoulder blades. My legs somewhat straddle him and Bucky just rests his hands on my lower back. I tuck my face into the crook of his neck, my nose rubbing against his skin.

"Ten more minutes. Please."

He's quiet for a second, but then he tilts his head to the side and presses a kiss to my forehead. "Whatever you say, love."

***

We had laid together for definitely more than ten minutes, but I know that we should get up by now.

"I need to shower...so do you." I tell Bucky and he huffs out a laugh.

"What about a bath?"

"That works too. Let's do that instead."

"You're gonna have to get off of me first."

With a sigh, I roll off of him and wrap the sheet around my body, while James sits up, the cover falling to his lap and exposing his bare chest.

What a sight.

"See something you like?" His lips tilt up at the corners.

"Mmm. You know what?"

"What?"

"I'm a little upset."

His brows furrow and I can tell that he's nervous. "About what?"

"You ripped my dress AND my bra, James." After our first round, he had torn that thing right off of my body and now it's just a useless piece of lace.

"I'll get you as many dresses and as many bras as you want." His shoulders relax a little and I smile. "Tony pays us enough to buy you a life long supply."