eighty five

The entire interrogation was a waste of time. Nobody told us anything, so I was stuck going into their mind to fish out what we needed to know. Nat and the others were able to bring in the three men that we had disguised ourselves as, plus another two.

They all said nothing, even though we had to try more...painful techniques. But they never broke, so that's when they had me go in.

As a last resort, mostly because I'm not at my best right now. I'm currently eating a granola bar to keep my energy up, because I'm freaking exhausted. It's after dinner time, and the team wants to stay up and watch a movie or something, but I seriously doubt I'll be joining.

I quickly finish my granola bar and push off the stool, throwing my wrapper out as I go to leave the kitchen.

"Where're you going?" I turn to find Steve leaning against the archway into the kitchen.

His back is still slowly healing, so the bandages are kept on for now, a large shirt over top his body.

"Probably to bed. I'm drained."

"You don't want to watch a movie with us? I think it's something called 'Joo-mun-gee'."

"Jumanji, Steve. I don't know...I'll probably fall asleep."

"We're making popcorn."

"Okay, fine."

Before going to the living room, I head to my bedroom and get changed into some white cotton shorts and a loose band tee. There's some chatter coming from the kitchen as I pass it, and some lower voices coming from the living room.

Thankfully, we have a huge couch that can fit everyone. And since it's the end of the week, Tony most likely left to go see Morgan and Pepper at the lake house, after the interrogation finished.

Thor sits on the edge furthest from me, Bruce next to him. In the middle section, Sam sits with his arms braced on top of the cushions, with Wanda a little bit further to his right.

I quickly go back to the kitchen and see bowls of popcorn lined up on the counter. Nat and Steve are cooking the popcorn, so I sneak a bowl for myself and go back to the living room. Grabbing a thick blanket, I settle on the section parallel to Thor and Bruce, all the way at the edge.

I start picking at my popcorn, while we wait for everyone else, getting startled when a big body jumps over the back of the couch and lands hard on the cushions to my left. Turning, I see Bucky holding back a smirk.

"Didn't that hurt?" I ask him.

"Yeah, but it was worth it for the sake of the cool entrance."

I hold in a laugh as I go back to eating my popcorn, a frown appearing as Bucky reaches over to grab one.

"Hey!" I slap his hand away. "Get your own."

"Sharing is caring, Lia." Nat says as she comes around the corner and starts to pass out bowls.

"I don't abide by that philosophy." I mumble as I shoot Bucky a glare.

He holds his hands up in surrender and accepts a bowl from Nat. Steve comes around too, sitting down next to Nat and Sam. They start up the movie and at first I'm wide awake, eating my popcorn and laughing at the Rock and Kevin Hart's comedy. I become more awake when Bucky slides closer, at a slow pace that most people wouldn't notice, but I do.

There's still some space between us, but his closeness makes my heart flutter. As we get further into the movie, I notice something odd about one of the characters, they're familiar.

"Who plays Martha?" I whisper to Bucky, and he just shrugs.

I don't even know why I asked, he would 100% not know any actors in today's age...maybe Steve.