ninety one

Another week or so had passed, nothing much happening. Natasha, Wanda, and Sam went out to scout for more bases, coming back with two new locations. Next week, Steve, Bucky and I will be taking the one in Texas while the other team gets the one in London.

Part of me is jealous because I want to go to London. But it's fine, I guess. Texas is alright...

Peter had come in for training a few days this past week and when we saw each other for the first time after the Halloween party, we just burst out laughing. Thankfully, it wasn't as awkward as I thought it would be and we just made jokes and laughed it off.

We're working on it.

But tonight, there will be no talk of Hydra, or work, or anything boring. Tonight we're celebrating Natasha's birthday.

Her gift from me, was a gift card to her favorite dress shop, one that has everything from dresses, to accessories, to shoes. I'd rather her buy herself something that she likes, instead of me trying to guess.

I gave it to her earlier today, after Wanda and I had made her breakfast in bed. Plus Steve. He was in bed with her but didn't get any breakfast...

I'm actually really happy for them, they both deserve to be happy and I feel like they've had chemistry for so long.

Nat just wanted to do a simple dinner thing with the team, so we're all going down to Atlantic City for the weekend in New Jersey, and we're going to eat at Carmines, which is a very good Italian place. Well, from what I've heard.

I packed a little weekend bag with some clothes and all the necessities, and I'm currently putting the bag in the backseat of my white corvette. It's such a nice car...drives so smooth and there are black accents on the outside, with black leather seats inside. It was a birthday gift from Tony.

Bucky comes around to my side and throws his bag in, then goes to the drivers side.

"I was gonna drive."

He turns to look at me and shrugs. "I don't mind. You relax, I'll drive."

"Always a gentleman, Sarge." I lean forward and kiss his cheek, then move around the car to the passenger's side.

I get comfy and buckle in, watching as James adjusts the seat, moving it way backwards because I'm so short, and then he starts adjusting his mirrors. Safety first.

"Buckle." I mumble as he starts the car.

"I was getting there." he flashes me a smile.

As we leave the compound, we pass Nat and Steve getting in Steve's Audi...an upgrade from the motorcycle in my opinion, and then Wanda, Sam, and Bruce getting in a Mercedes SUV.

"Let's grab some coffee." I turn and state, giving him puppy dog eyes.

"Yes ma'am."

"You're always so obedient, Bubs."

"You keep making comments like that and I will not hesitate to pull over." He gives me a little side eye.

"I meant obedient like a dog. In a good way. But...I mean if you want to...I know a nice empty alley before we get on the bridge."

"Is it before or after coffee?"

"It's like four blocks away from here."

"Say no less, my love."

⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️

After a little quickie in the driver's seat, wink wink, we had gotten some coffee from a nearby Dunkin' Donuts and then started to head towards southern Jersey. I had my playlist going, myself trying to educate James on modern day music. Luckily, he enjoys Pitbull, a little bit of The Neighborhood, Chase Atlantic...he even likes some Katy Perry, Rihanna, and Beyoncé. Something I did not expect.