forty three

Another couple of days passed, James and I had another counseling session, and it actually went surprisingly well. We didn't yell at each other or call each other names like usual.

Peter stays over on and off, May wanting him home, but his desire to be here overshadowing that.

I'm currently, doing the usual...coloring at the island in the kitchen at two in the morning. I personally don't like taking the sleeping pills, as they make me oversleep and I feel groggy throughout the day.

But my nights are filled with bad dreams.

So, here I am, on my third Avengers coloring book. Thankfully they're all different, as I would get tired of coloring the same pictures over and over again.

I glance at the clock, 3:21, and tilt my head as I hear a door close in the distance. I look up and cheekily smile at James as he saunters into the kitchen, a large hoodie and sweats on his body.

"You're 21 minutes late." I say, before going back to what I was doing.

"Hm." I see him walk over to the coffee machine out of the corner of my eye.

"Make me one?"

"French vanilla, hazelnut, or regular?"

"Hazelnut."

He grunts in response, while I shake my head. By the time both our coffees are finished, I'm starting on a picture of Bruce—well, technically Hulk.

He sits down across from me, and I go to put milk in my coffee but pause, as I see that James already did it for me.

"Thanks Bucket."

He rolls his eyes, but I just smirk up at him. I turn the page and start to rip one out for him, but he stops me, placing his hand on my wrist.

"Get dressed."

"Why?"

He stands and pours the rest of his coffee into a to-go cup, and then does the same with mine, sliding it over to me.

"We've been clearing our minds your way, now we'll do it mine."

I sigh and shut my book, putting the pencils away and quickly going to my room. I change out of my Star Wars fuzzy pants and into black leggings and a spare t-shirt I found on the ground. I stuff my feet into some sneakers and then go back to the kitchen, watching as James leans against the counter, slowly sipping his coffee.

I grab mine and silently follow him out of the kitchen and into the elevator, down to the garage.

"Where are we going?" I ask as I follow him through the garage.

"You'll see."

He leads me over to his motorcycle and I huff out a breath. "Can't we drive a normal car?"

"Too big." He gets on and tosses me his helmet, ignoring me as I curse him out while climbing on.

"Wait," I quickly down the rest of my drink and throw it into the garbage bin near the door. "Okay, I'm good."

I let out a yelp as we zoom off into the streets of New York. Thankfully, it's not too crowded and there aren't as many honks to be heard.

But then he jerks left as some animal runs across the road and I try not to fall off.

**

"Why the hell are we in the woods? Are you going to try to kill me?"

I look around as he drives up a hill, on a paved path, probably meant for hiking or something. The animals are quiet, and the only light comes from the barely visible moon above us and the bike's lights.