Hurt Me, Hurt You

May 2021

"No no no, keep going you nearly got it," Sunghoon encouraged as I stopped dancing and just let out a heavy sight at my reflection in the mirror.

"No I don't," I sighed and ran a hand through my hair before looking over at the time, "it's late you should go home."

"No," he simply shook his head as a small smile spread on his face and he walked over and loosely wrapped his arms around my waist making me look up at him with a tired look, "because I promised I would stay with you until you felt satisfied with your dancing for Fever."

"You know I never will," I shook my head at him.

"Come on... just try a few more times, just for me?" he questioned making me sigh deeply.

"Just go home Hoon... I'll just see you when you come back tomorrow for rehearsals with the other boys," I murmured making him just smile widely down at me before patting my back softly.

"Once more, and then we'll try with music, okay?" he questioned making me just stare at him as he stepped away from me and softly turned me by my shoulders to make me look at myself in the mirror, "7, 8," he counted and I began dancing along with him as we both quietly sang the lyrics of the chorus.

I continued to quietly dance as I spotted my movements in the mirror until I just got enough. I simply wasn't a good dancer and I hated it.

"I give up," I declared and walked out to the side of the dance studio, Sunghoon immediately running after me and pulling me back out on the floor.

"No you're not, since when did you become someone who gives up, hm?" Sunghoon questioned in amusement and just maybe... maybe a bit he actually pissed me off just now.

"I don't wanna do it again," I complained and brushed his hands off of my wrist.

"Come on, you'll hate yourself if you don't try again," he urged and grabbed my wrist again.

"Let me go!" I exclaimed at him and pulled my wrist to myself, "I do not want to do it again."

"Why?" he softly questioned and cocked his head to the side in confusion.

"I can't do it properly, it's no use," I grumbled and crossed my arms across my chest.

"Will you stop being such a perfectionist for once?" Sunghoon exclaimed in disbelief as a small laugh escaped his mouth, "you don't always have to be perfect!"

"Of course I do! What is it that you don't understand?" I questioned in utter disbelief and surprise, "I need to be perfect!"

"You don't!" he argued in return.

"I do! I'm not like you, okay?" I questioned making a frown immediately grow on his face, "I am not good at everything I attempt, I don't have a perfectly symmetrical face, I do not have a family that support and love me no matter how much I am struggling, I do not get love served on a golden platter just for existing! I actually have to work hard to be liked."

"And you don't think I work hard?" Sunghoon retorted.

"Oh my god you actually don't get it do you?" I questioned with a laugh as he just poked his tongue out in his cheek, "people will praise you for literally just standing there! You don't have to do a fucking thing and people will still act like you are a greek god himself! So unlike you I actually have to work hard!"

"I do work hard!" he exclaimed back at me before turning his back to me, marching over and grabbing his blazer, "go work on that stupid dance yourself. Your problems are not worth my time."

"Sure, maybe you should go and take some pictures of yourself or whatever," I yelled after him as he just slammed the door behind him.

The slam of the door echoed exceptionally loudly throughout the room, making me let out a small breath of disbelief before sinking to my knees on the floor. I was actually beginning to doubt if I actually said the things I had heard leave my mouth. 

How could I ever say those things?

I sucked in a deep breath, determined to fix this when I got home, but something told me that both Sunghoon and I needed some time to just cool off, a bit away from one another, so I would fix it tonight. 

Quietly I pushed myself up on my feet once again suddenly very motivated to getting this choreography right. I began slowly marking the movements, before picking up the speed in my movements and moving around properly, trying to actually do it right.

But my guilt got the best of me. I couldn't focus nor could I think about anything else but Sunghoon. I was so scared of what will happen when I see him again. I really didn't want to lose him, and then especially not to something as stupid as this. He's too good to lose over something so stupid.

"I need to go home," I quietly muttered before rushing over and grabbing my things, leaving the company in a rush even though it was dark outside. 

I had to get this straight, I had to fix this and I had to fix it now.