Thinking Out Loud

October 2024

A buzz in my pocket made me check my phone as I quickly rushed down the hallways at the company. I let out a small laugh at another text from Sunghoon, telling me to hurry up.

I simply rolled my eyes before stopping outside the studio, he told me to come to. I let out a small laugh before knocking on the door three times, before slowly creaking the door open, just a tiny bit.

"You're here," Sunghoon immediately grinned and got up from the office chair, that stood by the computers.

He softly grabbed both my hands and pulled me in before closing the door behind me. He immediately kissed the back of both of my hands before grinning widely at me.

"So... why did I have to hurry so much?" I questioned and sat down on the couch in the studio.

"Let me show you," Sunghoon happily grinned and turned to the computer and started the music. Only a few seconds passed before his voice sang out in the room.

When your legs don't work like they used to before

And I can't sweep you off of your feet

I smiled widely as he turned around and extended his hand towards me. I placed my hand in his and he immediately pulled me up from the couch. He quickly pecked my lips before wrapping his arms around my waist and slowly began swaying back and forth a smitten smile on his face.

Will your mouth still remember the taste of my love

Will your eyes still smile from your cheeks

"When did you record this?" I let out a small laugh making him peck my lips once more.

"Shut up and listen to my singing," he grinned widely, making me roll my eyes.

Sunghoon just grinned widely at me before grabbing my arms and throwing them up around his neck. He cupped my face before bending his head down and rubbing his nose against mine before placing my head on his chest, right above his heart, which was beating abnormally fast.

So honey now

Take me into your loving arms
Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars
Place your head on my beating heart

"Babe?" Sunghoon spoke up making me just hum in reply, "Hannie," he repeated making me hum once again, "look at me."

"What?" I muttered and looked up at him.

"I love you," her sternly stated making me smile widely at him.

"I love you too," I grinned making him softly smile as he just nodded.

"I know... I know," he muttered and pushed my head back onto his chest.

I'm thinking out loud

Maybe we found love, right where we are

We both stood in silence as I quietly listened to Sunghoon's voice sing the next verse of the song. A small smile stayed on my face at how nice and relaxing this whole thing felt. I even dared to let my eyes fall close as I just listened to Sunghoon's calming voice.

I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways

Maybe it's all part of a plan

"Hana?" Sunghoon called out again and I just nodded at him, "I know... I know I hurt you in the past, and I'm not always the most loving boyfriend, but I promise to try and change."

"It's fine, I understand you by now," I assured him with a small laugh, making him give my waist a small squeeze.

I'll just keep on making the same mistakes

Hoping you'll understand.

I smiled to myself once more as the chorus began once again. It was first when Sunghoon removed his arms around my waist halfway through the chorus making me look at him in confusion.

The only thing I got in return, to my confused face, was a smile and wink. Sunghoon didn't even give me a warning or enough time to react before he had pulled out a box and kneeled down in front of me, a questioning smile on his face.

I immediately took a step back from him, before realizing what he was doing. He let out a small laugh at how I had reacted before taking in a deep breath himself.

"When I said I wanted to change... I meant I wanted to change to become your loving husband," he stated with a shaky voice, his hands clearly shaking as well.

"Get up from the floor you idiot," was the first thing that came out of my mouth, making Sunghoon let out a small laugh as I rushed over and pulled him up from the floor.

Both of our hands was shaking, but for some reason I didn't shake one bit when I had cupped his face in my hands and placed my lips on his. Sunghoon immediately smiled into the kiss and wrapped an arm around my waist as the other cupped my cheek. I didn't know what he had done with the box, and I didn't care. I just wanted to kiss him right now.

I didn't even hear the song end. It was first when Sunghoon pulled his lips away from mine, and rested his forehead against mine, with a wide teasing grin on his face.

"I didn't even get to ask you," he pointed out with a small laugh making me momentarily close my eyes to surpress an embarrassed laugh.

"Then ask you idiot," I muttered with a wide smile.

"Will you... miss Audrey Edin Hepburn, miss Yang Hana, marry me?" he questioned making me smile widely before just nodding, "okay... but I don't think I can put the ring on your finger, I'm shaking too much," he admitted with a small laugh.

"Me too," I hummed at him before we both let out a small laugh.

"Ahem... if you don't mind... I can do it," Jake's voice spoke up making me look over at the door, where all the other six boys stood and looked in.

"This is so embarrassing," I muttered and pressed my face into Sunghoon's shoulder as he just laughed and patted the back of my head.

"I needed help with composing, didn't I?" Sunghoon questioned making me just hit his chest softly.

"But Sunghoon-ie hyung has to put the ring on her himself, " Sunoo stated making a small whine come from Jake.

"We are getting invited, right?" Heeseung questioned making me turn my head to look at him, "the wedding?"

"You can come as my family," I nodded at him, "just look over Ethan."

"Ethan looks over Ethan," Jungwon let out a small laugh.

"Yeah... he'll be your responsibility then," I let out a small laugh and looked to Heeseung.

"So... you know... we're gonna be out of the dorm tonight, on Sunghoon's request... just please... stay in your own room," Jay stated making me frown at him before looking up at Sunghoon.

"Nah... we're just gonna cook and then cuddle, I think that'll be nice," Sunghoon stated making me slowly nod as he smiled down at me, "I think you'd prefer that too, am I right?"

"Please," I hummed at him.

"We need a picture of the engaged to post for engenes," Sunoo stated making me immediately shake my head at him in denial.

I quickly hid my face back in Sunghoon's shoulder as Sunoo got out his phone to take a picture.

"You know what?" Sunghoon whispered, bending his head down, right beside my ear, "I can't wait to call you my wife, and I can't wait to see you in that dress."

I let out a small smile to myself as I just wrapped my arms around him and hugged him tightly.