Skating Progidy

August 2021

"I always wanted to try out figure skating but I was simply too scared," I shook my head at the camera that was filming our live as I answered a comment.

"I can teach you," Sunghoon offered and I simply shook my head, "you've said it, there's no way out now."

---

November 2021

I stared at the ice rink in disbelief, you know... when Sunghoon had said he would take me out on a date the fans wouldn't find supicious, I didn't think he would take me on my word when I had mentioned I wanted to try figure skating.

"You must be kidding me," I commented as I looked up to Sunghoon, who happily shook his head, "you didn't see when I denied your offer for teaching me?"

"I did... but I decided to ignore it," he simply shrugged, "What's your size?"

"A stressed macchiato... make it grande," I replied as I stared at the ice with wide eyes.

"I meant your shoe size," he sighed at me.

"Uh... 238," I replied and he hummed before just disappearing out of my sight, maybe it was mainly because I was too fixed on just starring at the ice and the people on it.

I didn't give one thought to how long Sunghoon was gone before he eventually showed up by my side and nudged my arm with his elbow, making me immediately snap my head to him. He stood with two pairs of skates in hand.

"I was not aware your shoesize was so small compared to mine," he commented and handed me the smaller pair of skates.

"Of course I'm not gonna have as big feet as you, I would look like a walking capital 'L' if I had that," I excused making him let out a small laugh at me.

"Sure it's not a 'ㄴ' you'll look like?" he questioned in amusement, making me hit his shoulder.

"I'm not that small," I hissed at him as I sat down on a bench and slipped on the skates.

"Here let me," Sunghoon rushed over to crouch down in front of me.

His skates was already laced up, apparently he was not only a great ice skater but also a fast shoe lace tier. He carefully laced up my skates for me before tying them and looking up at me.

"Are they too tight? Too loose?" he questioned making me just shrug.

"I think they're fine," I shrugged at him before he stood up and extended his hands to me.

"Then... how about we try and go out on the ice?" he questioned as I hesitantly grabbed the hand.

He carefully helped me out on the ice, and was quick to stabilize me the moment I had tilted backwards. Small giggles continued to escape his mouth as he watched me struggle to keep my balance.

"Can't you show off a bit?" I questioned him as I grabbed onto the boards beside me.

"What?" he chuckled.

"I don't know... do a spin... triple axel... give me bad self-esteem so I can pull myself together to do well," I waved him off making him let out a small laugh at me.

"Will that motivate you?" he questioned and I eagerly nodded, "watch and admire."

"Always do."

I watched as Sunghoon easily skated around the rink, doing some small twirls and jumps here and there. It effortlessly placed a smile on my face as I watched him skate around and enjoy himself until he skated back up to me, panting a bit after the countless twirls and jumps.

"So? Will you learn now?" he questioned.

"One condition," I stated and held up a finger making him just nod, "I get to take you to an aerial studio," I stated and he just stared at me before eventually sighing.

"I can't believe I am agreeing to this," he muttered before nodding at me.

"Yes!" I quietly cheered, "okay... mister skating progidy, teach me!"

Sunghoon let out a small laugh before prying my hands off the boards beside me and pulling me out on the ice, in a careful manner, so that I didn't slip.

"Have you ever tried skating?" he questioned and I immediately shook my head making him let out another small laugh, "okay... so you want to have your feet in kind of... a 'V' shape, and then push your feet behind you, one at a time... like this," he tried explaining and showed me what he meant.

For the next hour or so I was trying to just learn how to actually skate around without falling on my face. Eventually I actually managed to keep up with Sunghoon, when he was skating slow, just as long as I either held onto his hand or his wrist.

"Wanna try a trick?" he questioned and I widened my eyes at him, "I promise to hold onto you."

"Okay..." I hesitated a bit before he stopped our skating.

"It's just a balance," he assured me, "so you just have to center all your weight on one foot. And I promise to hold onto you."

"I don't think I've ever put so much trust in you," I let out a small laugh at him as he patted my right leg and I lifted it carefully.

"And lean forward, so your torso and leg is in a horizontal line," he coached and I slowly leaned forward, glancing up at him, only to get an encouraging smile in return.

"Am I doing it right?" I questioned him and he quietly nodded at me.

"The only difference is usually... we're moving forward or backwards in this position," he explained and softly tugged on my hands, making me immediately shake in  my position, "hold on..." he softly spoke before letting go of my hands, and spreading my arms out to the sides before skating over and holding onto my hips as he helped me skate around, by softly pushing me, "easy, isn't it?"

"As long as you're holding onto me," I hummed at him making him immediately let go.

I had immediately slipped forward, watching the ice near before I felt an arm hook around my waist and pull me up again as I was breathing heavily out of pure panic. Sunghoon was just laughing straight to my face.

"Yah! You asshole!" I complained and hit his shoulder as he just laughed at me, "I don't want to skate anymore."

I pulled myself out of his grip and slowly began making my way to the exit of the rink, as fast I could... which was SNAIL SPEED, but hey... I moved forward.

"Why?" Sunghoon questioned as he easily caught up to me.

"Yeah, well, take a guess," I muttered in return, "You pomised you would hold onto me."

"I'm sorry," he cooed out and pulled me to stop, "but I knew I was gonna catch you... otherwise I wouldn't have done it."

"You could've at least warned me," I sighed at him making him just nod before pulling me to the exit of thr rink.

"Lets get off the ice then," he urged and helped me out before following after me, "I'll make up for it."

"How?" I muttered and sat down before beginning to untie my skates.

"Will you be happy if I treat you to frozen yougurt?" he questioned and I hesitated as I thought about it before just nodding in agreement, "I'll be nicer about my teasing in the future."

"It's fine... just don't try and kill me next time," I assured him with a small smile.

"But you're still mad at me," he pointed out to me.

"A bit," I hummed and pinched my fingers together, "and right now... my feet are really sore. I don't get how you could do this for so many hours everyday."

"Says the girl who literally hung from her arms for equally as long," he retorted and pulled my skates off for me, "but I'll make up for it with frozen yogurt, okay?"

"Yep."

He glanced up at me with a mischevious smile before handing me my shoes and walking up to return our skates and my helmet.