Secret Agenda

Future

I quietly sat in bed, reading in the book in my lap, whilst taking down notes in the notebook that laid to my left side. In the distance I could hear Sunghoon softly singing.

It was quite calming and helping me more to focus to hear his voice sing so softly. His voice always brought such a soft and calm atmosphere around anyone who heard it. It even made me fall even more in love with him if it was possible.

At one point his voice stopped singing and I heard his footsteps out on the hallway, making me smile softly. I knew he was gonna come to bed now anyways. I smiled as I mentally prepared myself for the pair of arms that would wrap themselves around my waist, from my right side, and the nose that would nuzzle into my stomach as a content hum would escape his throat.

But once only 10 seconds had passed I lifted my head and my smile faded again. His footsteps had disappeared once again and he still hadn't come into the bedroom. I frowned slightly before simply shaking my head.

It was probably just one of those evenings where he had to go to work. If he didn't come to bed before I went to sleep I would just bring out the extra blankets to keep me warm under the duvet.

I let out a small huff and returned to my reading again while taking down my notes. Not long lasted before three knocks sounded on the door to the bedroom, making me lift my head and look at Sunghoon, who just stood smiling at me, whilst holding a bowl in his hand.

"What do you have there?" I let out a small laugh at him.

"Ice cream," he replied as if it was obvious.

"You never eat past 6pm," I commented and squinted my eyes at him in suspicion.

"It's not for me," he shook his head before walking over and handing me the bowl along with a spoon, "it's for you."

"Why?" I let out a small laugh as he sat down on my right side and wrapped an arm around my waist, nuzzling his nose into the side of my neck.

"Because I love you," he cheekily replied making me roll my eyes and hit his chest softly, his head immediately lifting again.

"I'm serious, why are you bringing me ice cream at 9pm?" I let out a small laugh at him.

"Because... I know you have your big exam tomorrow, and I wanted to cool down your nerves," he excused, "you know... cool like... ice cream," he stated making me let out a small laugh at him.

"Very cute," I commented and he happily hummed at me, continuing to just smile contently down at me, "what?" I questioned in amusement as I took a spoonful of ice cream into my mouth.

"I just..." he let out a small sigh before leaning his head back against the wall behind us, and placing his other hand on my stomach.

"You just what?" I questioned and looked up at him, "you just wanna take my notes for me?"

"No," he let out a small laugh, lazily shaking his head, "I'm just really happy to see you eat more than you usually do... I like the thought of you gaining weight."

"Why?" I frowned at him in amusement, "you've always said you don't care about my weight as long as I'm eating healthy and treat my body right. You don't mind my metabolism."

"I'm happy that you're gaining weight because it'll be easier to get pregnant, won't be as harmful for the baby and I like how full your cheeks get when you gain a few pounds," he excused and poked my cheek.

"Baby? What baby?" I frowned at him, "Hanuel is already out and about... did you see how much energy she has gotten lately?"

"Absolutely impossible to get to sleep," he hummed with a small smile at me, "but I might've accidentally promised her a playmate... and uhm... to be honest I don't really mind. I really want another, if you don't mind."

"You're feeding me up so I get fat enough for me to be pregnant?" I questioned with a small laugh at me.

"Listen... I did my research, because I just so happen to know you're just slightly underweight... you know... just a teeny tiny bit," he excused and I let out a small laugh, "and it turns out, women who are underweight aren't as fertile as women who are normal weight, and it could also cause some damage to the baby if you get pregnant while underweight, and in rare cases also damage to the mother. I wouldn't want either of those," he excused and pushed my hair out of my face, "and I'm not feeding you fat to get you pregnant. I'm feeding you food to get you to a normal weight because lately you have been neglecting your health a bit with all those exams."

"Just say you want another baby," I let out a small laugh at him.

"Okay... it is my main reason," he let out a small sigh before letting out a small embarrassed laugh, "but can you really blame me? I'm just worried you'll fade away with how skinny you've been getting lately, and if we want to try for another baby, I want you to be at a normal healthy weight... for your own good."

"Hoon?" I called out making him hum and look at me.

I grinned widely before placing a small lump of ice cream on his nose, a small tired laugh immediately escaping his mouth before he laid his head on my shoulder.

"I don't mind trying for another baby, you don't have to reason it with me," I assured and patted his head softly.

"Really?" he questioned and I nodded before eating another spoonful, "I just remember the small complications we had with Haneul because you didn't manage to gain all the weight necessary for you to be normal weight, before you got pregnant. I just want you and the baby to be completely well and safe this time, no complications."

"How about we make a small promise now?" I questioned making him immediately lift my head, the ice cream suddenly gone from his nose, "where'd the ice cream go?"

"I licked it off," he casually shrugged.

"You can lick your no- you know what, nevermind," I waved it off making a smile grow on his face, "the promise. I promise to do my best to gain weight from now on, and you promise to not be embarrassed about telling me your wishes for our family or our relationship. Got it?"

"Okay," he nodded at me, "I like that."

"Good," I hummed and scooped up the last spoonful of ice cream.

I quickly closed my books and placed them on the nightstand along with the bowl. We would just place it in the sink tomorrow. Even if it was a bad idea.

I immediately laid down on the bed, Sunghoon watching me with an amused look as I opened my arms widely.

"You better cuddle me now before my stomach gets too big for you to get close enough," I warned him.

He let out a small giggle before happily crawling under the duvet and bringing me close to him, so I could wrap my arms around his neck. I grinned widely at him before pecking his lips quickly and nuzzling my head into the crook of his neck.

"This reminds me of when we first slept in the same bed," Sunghoon muttered.

"How you were a blushing mess because you liked me and you felt bad because I was freezing in my own bed?" I teased making him softly hit my back.

"No... the cute time," he excused.

"So when we got engaged?" I questioned once again in a teasing tone, "during the movie marathon?"

"Hana!" he whined loudly making me just laugh at him and peck his lips once again.

"You know I love you."

"You better."