| 19 |

"Take five," our choreographer called out making us all stop in the midst of practicing as he exited the practice room and we all rushed to our bags to get something to drink of eat.

"Noo- Hana," Sunoo called out making me hum with my mouth full of water as I looked over to him, "I'm only allowed to eat five," he excused and extended the open bag of snacks towards me after he had grabbed five for himself, "and as far as I can see you've most likely lost weight... again."

"I don't get how I'm not gaining," I gushed at him as I rushed over and grabbed the bag of snacks from him.

"You have been a bit stressed lately," Jungwon pointed out as he slumped down on the floor with his water and snacks.

"I have?" I frowned down at him as he just nodded at me.

"How can you not?" he questioned with a small laugh.

"You have been quite distant lately," Jay nodded in agreement before sitting down beside Jungwon.

"Huh... I guess I have," I muttered in realization as I absentmindedly began eating of the snacks Sunoo had given me.

"You haven't heard anything new since last week, have you?" Niki questioned and I just shook my head.

"Still looking into my brother," I excused.

"Can you all just shut up and quit talking about her age?" Sunghoon loudly spoke making us all look over at him in shock.

"I don't... think I ever heard Sunghoon raise his voice like that," Sunoo commented with a fearful look.

"Can't you just make up? Geez! I'm going insane here!" Jake exclaimed at us.

"That would mean he had to listen, which he clearly doesn't," I commented and glanced at Sunghoon who just stared over at Jake.

"Right... here's what's gonna happen," Jungwon clapped his hands together, "as the leader I'm gonna use authority right no-"

Jungwon was cut off by a ringing noise making Niki immediately run to our bags and listen to them one by one.

"Noona, it's yours," he called out making me widden my eyes and immediately run over and grab my phone as I sat down by my bag with my back turned to the boys.

"Edin Hepburn," I stated as I took the phone.

"Yes, hello. This is Andrew Wright... your lawyer," he stated and I immediately straightened up my back, even if he wouldn't be able to see.

"Yes? " I questioned and anticipation as my fingers began drumming on my knees.

"From your knowledge, when was your brother born? " he questioned.

"Uh... January 29, 2006," I replied and he hummed at me.

"Okay. From what his papers say, both birth certificate and work certificate there has been no falsification of his papers. We have of course informed him of this," my lawyer stated and I hummed at him, "so we'll follow through with your case, but there will be no aggravating circumstances added on because your brother's information is all correct."

"I see," I nodded, "so what happens now? "

"As of now we've placed the first court date, you will of course not have to show up. But we will need for you to hand in a witness statement to be read at the first court day," he stated and I just hummed at him, "you can either choose to say it to me now and I'll record the voice message, or you can have it written before Monday."

"I'm not alone right now, so I'll prefer for it to be handed in before Monday," I informed.

"We can go outside if you need it," Heeseung called out and I looked over at him as I just shook my head at him.

"Okay... we've also looked into a few minor cases of neglect and abuse, which also will be looked at one the first day of court," my lawyer stated and I immediately widened my eyes.

"Wait, I've said none of that. How can you look into that if you have no account for it? " I questioned in shock.

"We've had some good long talks with your brother. Stated that neither of you were given proper schooling and was put on extreme diets at a young age, this goes under our child neglect paragraph. He also stated there could be physical punishments if you didn't live up to expectations, here we go under abuse," my lawyer stated making me frown.

"Wouldn't that be another case then? " I questioned in confusion.

"Miss Hepburn, my job is to make sure the accused get the most harsh sentence possible. By adding the abuse and neglect allegations we can bring the sentencing up to... eight years," the lawyer explained and my eyes widened.

"Eight years? " I exclaimed at him before quickly laying a hand over my mouth, "excuse my language. But are you out of your bloody mind? I didn't even intend to sue her in the first place. The only reason I'm doing this is so that I won't be accused of her wrong doings if it ever was found out that she falsified my work certificate. I'm not trying to get my mom eight years in jail," I hissed.

"I'm just doing my job miss," the man excused and I let out a sigh and pinched the bridge of my nose.

"I'll write a statement about the falsification of my work certificate, but I will in no way adress child neglect or abuse," I warned and he just hummed in reply.

"The information you decide to give us, is completely optional and up to yourself. We have the claims of abuse and neglect from your brother," the lawyer informed, "now, unless you want to rant on about the eight years I do believe I have some work to get to."

"When is the first court day? " I questioned him.

"March 16th," he stated and I muttered a small 'thank you' to him, "now I'll have to go miss," he calmly stated and finished the call immediately.

I sighed and dropped my phone back in my bag before laying my face in my hands.

"I think right now is a prime example of how it is stressing you out," Jungwon spoke up and I just lifted my head and nodded in agreement.

"They're raising the sentence to a possible eight years?" Jay questioned as I looked over my shoulder, at him.

"They talked with my brother," I nodded at him, "no falsification... but my brother gave some other information which they're adding on to the charge."

"You mentioned... abuse and neglect," Jake hesitantly spoke making me look slightly down before spreading my arms.

"I need a hug right now," I excused making Jake immediately stand up and rush over to sit down and hug onto me, "it wasn't neglect or abuse. It was how the norms were."

"Dear god Edin, it's not normal," he muttered to me and patted my head.

"I'm so awfully confused," Sunghoon commented making me let out a small snort.

"Then maybe try and actually listen to her this time," Jay stated and gestured over towards me making Sunghoon look over towards me.