Over the Line

July 2022

"Tonight's guest Enhypen!"

As we were announced on stage we all went out to sit in our seats. Jungwon, Heeseung, Niki and Jay sitting on the couch, meanwhile I sat in the back, on high stools, between Sunghoon and Sunoo, as Jake sat on the other side of Sunoo.

"Please... do introduce yourselves," Ellen stated as she gestured to us and we all looked down at Jungwon who let out a small laugh when he realized we were all staring at him.

"Ah... I'm Yang Jungwon, leader of Enhypen," Jungwon introduced himself as we then took turns to introduce ouselves.

"Hi! I'm Edin and I'm obviously the only girl present," I happily stated to the camera.

"Oh, that sounded fancy," Ellen commented making me let out a small laugh, "are you British?"

"I am, yeah," I nodded at her before Sunoo and Jake got to introduce themselves.

"Now, we're obviously gonna play some game later on, but lets first getthe viewers to know you through some questions here," Ellen stated and we all just looked at her, "now... from what I know there's a couple in the group, and my first thought is to say that Edin is one half of it."

"I am... yeah," I nodded at her.

"And who..." she slowly trailed off and I pointed to Sunghoon, "ah... so you two are a couple?" she questioned and pointed between us.

"Couple," I muttered to Sunghoon who immediately nodded.

"Yes," he immediately stated to Ellen making me let out a small laugh at him.

"He seems very eager to agree," Ellen commented and I just nodded, "right... so we have that going on... but how's that for the rest of the group?"

"I mean... it's not really anythnig we realize," Jake admitted as I looked over to him, "Sunghoon is pretty shy about the whole thing, and Edin is just... oddly clingy to everyone."

"So it's not bothering you?" Ellen questioned and Jake immediately shook his head.

"Not for me," he stated before translating for some of the boys who didn't understand exactly what was going on.

"I think it's cute," Heeseung spoke up, "Sunghoon... he gets all red in his cheeks."

"Lovely," Ellen stated, "but you've just come back with your newest album, and now you're touring around with a lot of concerts, it must've been quite an experience for you... you haven't tried that before, have you?"

"We did debut under the pandemic," Jay nodded, "so it is new and so many new experiences... but we love every moment of it."

"Especially meeting Engenes," Jake added on as we all just nodded in agreement.

We continued to sit and chat for a while before a small adbreak where a small table was rolled in, catching most of our curiousity.

"What's that? " Sunghoon questioned and nodded to the table.

"I don't know," I simply shrugged at him as I frowned at the table, "probably part of the game we're gonna play."

The adbreak didn't last long, and we all sat patiently in our seat to hear what the game is about.

"Right, now it's time to play a game with Enhypen, a game we're making just for them," Ellen stated, "we're calling it the lying game, where we have this lovely electrocuting lie detector test," the small test was revealed to be standing on the table that had been rolled in during the adbreak, "Enhypen will as a whole pick their most honest speaking member, who will go up and answer on a list of questions about them and the group. Can the member answer all questions without any lie Enhypen will be recieving the prize we've put together for them."

Ellen gestured to a table with a whole lot of snacks on it, much to our pleasure. We all quickly huddled together to figure out who we should throw out into the game.

"We'll pick Edin noona," Jungwon stated after some time making me look down at him in shock.

"When did we settle on that? " I questioned in disbelief.

"I just did," Jungwon casually shrugged making the other boys snicker at him.

"Edin, come down here," Ellen waved me down to the table and I slowly followed her, remembering to glare back at Jungwon who just let out a small laugh at me.

I was a bit nervous when they strapped my hand onto the small test, before glancing back at the boys. Jake just grinned widely and gave me a thumbs up, making me just sarcastically smile at him.

"We're just gonna test that it works," Ellen excused, "your name is Edin?" she questioned.

"Yes," I replied and she started the test, before it dinged and showed a green light.

"Wonderful, then lets start," she stated and began asking me various types of questions, which I all got a small ding to with green light.

"Go Noona! " Niki yelled out after the sixth question making me let out a small laugh and wink over at him.

"Don't think about the electrocution! " Jungwon joined in making me just stare long and hard at him.

"Okay... seventh question... you're openly in a relationship, how long have you two been dating?" she questioned and I swear I wasn't meaning to hesitate for as long as I did before answering.

"1 year and 10 months," I stated making Ellen nod before starting the test. Luckily it dinged and showed up a green light.

"So if you have dated for that long, you must've also lost your virginity, right?" she questioned me making me look at her in shock before looking over at the boys. Lets just say three of them was eagerly trying to explain the other four exactly what had been said.

"No," I shook my head and Ellen looked at me in shock before starting the lie detector, that luckily dinged and showed a green light.

"She's not lying!" Ellen loudly exclaimed as I quickly pulled my hand out of the lie detector, "this means that Enhypen will be going home with just the prize we prepared for them."

I was quick to walk over to the boys, who all looked to be just as shocked by the last question as I had been.

"What'd you answer? " Heeseung immediately questioned.

"No, obviously. How stupid do you think I am? " I questioned him as I watched the cameras all turn off after Ellen had ended the show, "we're never going back on this show... and if we do, we sacrifice Wonie, and I'm not joining."

"I don't get how she could ask such a question," Heeseung simply shook his head.

"They're not as conservative here," Jay reminded him as we were ushered out to our waiting room by our manager.

"Let's just agree that Hannie handled it perfectly, and whether she lied or not we don't care, because we got a whole lot of food and snacks," Jake stated as the other boys just all nodded in agreement.

"Doesn't change it was over the line for her to ask that," I added on.