Wedding (2)

July 21, 2025

"Pull. Yourself. Together!" Jake exclaimed as he shook the shoulders of Sunghoon, who still was to tie his tie.

"But what if she won't like me wearing a tie?" Sunghoon muttered with a horrified look on his face as he glanced between the two other 02 liners in the room.

"You gotta be kidding me," Jay deeply sighed and let his tie fall over the back of the nearest chair.

"But what if she won't like it?" Sunghoon repeated once more with a hopeless look on his face.

The two other boys in the room simply glanced at one another. Jake with a completely baffled look, meanwhile Jay mostly looked like he was so done with Sunghoon in this very moment.

"Do you love her?" Jay questioned and Sunghoon nodded at him, "does she love you?"

"I mean... I'm not su-" Sunghoon started only to be cut off by Jay.

"Shut up already. She loves you, okay?" Jay stated making Sunghoon slowly nod his head, "she would not let Sunoo and Jungwon run around while happily pampering her up if she didn't love you. She is literally saying yes to spend her life with you today. Of course she loves you. Do you really think she'll care if you wear a tie? Or a butterfly? Or even a bright red clown nose?"

"She's just happy to get the man of her dreams," Jake nodded in agreement.

"I just-" Sunghoon started and both boys in front of him immediately shook their heads at him, "what if I cry?"

"Then it's good man," Jake grinned widely and patted Sunghoon's shoulder, making said boy immediately slump down in his chair, "I mean it's good as long as it's happy tears and not tears of regret."

"How can I regret her?" Sunghoon questioned in disbelief, "she's the best thing that ever happened to me... I'm scared of screwing up, again. Marrying her is just go make sure she doesn't get away so easily, isn't it?"

"Sunghoon... Do you love her?" Jay slowly questioned.

"More than anything," Sunghoon sighed deeply as he closed his eyes tightly.

"I'll go get someone very important in this," Jake stated making Jay just nod as Jake rushed out of the room.

"If you love her so much-" Jay started and Sunghoon just shook his head to interrupt.

"You don't get it... I'll die a million times if that could ensure me that she'll smile for just one second," Sunghoon stated as he glanced up at Jay.

"Then what makes you think you'll screw up again?" Jay softly questioned.

"I've done it before... I could easily do it again," Sunghoon shrugged as the door abruptly opened again while Sunghoon's dad marched into the room, meanwhile Heeseung and Jake both eagerly stood by the door and waved Jay out to them.

It was first when Jay was out of the room that Sunghoon's dad stopped in front of his son and crossed his arms across his chest.

"Dad..." Sunghoon trailed off in a whisper.

"What makes you doubt this for a second?" His dad sternly spoke making Sunghoon just drop his head into his hands.

"I'm not what she deserves," Sunghoon muttered, "not once in the past five years have I lived up to what she deserves. No matter how hard I try, she's just so much more worth than I can ever achieve the standard of."

"Since when did you become one to give up?" His dad questioned and sat down beside his son.

"What is it now?" Sunghoon sighed and dropped his hands down and looked over at his dad.

"Oh it's just... Beside me is sitting a man who is nowhere near the child he once was," his dad shrugged and sent him a small smile, "I remember a son who had trouble making friends and talking to other kids his age. Then he started playing Hockey, and later figure skating. He was amazingly talented, achieved so many things by never giving up. Then one day he decided he could grow bigger and better and decided to become an idol trainee. He balanced figure skating and idol training at the same time... Not giving up on either thing. He debuts in a group with six other boys, and one girl who changed him for the better. I don't see the shy, closed off boy I had all those years ago. I see a happy and open man, who got turned around by the girl who won his heart and deserves all his love. It would be stupid to give up so easily all of a sudden, wouldn't it?"

"What are you trying to say?" Sunghoon frowned at him.

"If you can't achieve what she deserves then work harder and be much more than what she deserves. Give her the world instead of giving up," his dad patted his knee softly before standing up and looking down at his son, "don't let this be the first thing you give up on."

A small smile slowly grew on Sunghoon's face as he watched his father leave the room. Leaving him all by himself for a moment.

If he wasn't worth her love he just had to work hard as he used to, to be more than worthy of her love.