Fight for Hana

June 2021

I quietly sat in the car, looking out the windows, as the driver continued to drive the car for us. Before I was supposed to go to London, next month, Sunghoon's mom had invited me to stay with them for a while, to settle down from the usual loud and chaotic down and to get some proper rest. It was really kind of her to be completely honest, but of course the first few days there would be spent with Sunghoon, because he wanted to see his family of course.

"Are you nervous?" Sunghoon spoke up, realizing how silent I had been throughout the carride.

"I'm just excited to see Gaeul," I shook my head making a smile immediately spread on his face.

"Are you more excited to see my dog than me?" he questioned in amusement.

"Well, I see you everyday," I reminded making him sigh before just nodding in agreement, "and you say she's cuter than Layla..."

"Which you agree with," he stated making me just hum and look out of the window again.

"Whatever makes you sleep at night Frosty," I muttered to myself.

"What was that?"

"Nothing."

Sunghoon looked at me with a skeptical look, he knew I had just disagreed with him. I tried to play it off by just giving him an extremely forced smile, making him just let out a huff at me.

"Why is it that I cant't be mad at you?" he sighed.

"Oh you can," I nodded at him, "remember that time whe-"

"Yes, I remember, you don't have to remind me of how terrible I was back then," he interrupted making a small smile spread on my face.

As the car stopped I excitedly turned and looked at Sunghoon, who grabbed his bag in his hand before exiting the car, making me quickly follow suit and follow him up to the house in front of us, as the car from the company just drove off again, as if nothing happened.

"Mom said my dad was out of town for the week, so he won't be home," Sunghoon excused and opened the door, making me nod as I just followed after him into the front hall, "mom?"

Sunghoon had soon disappeared into the house in search for his mom, making me just awkwardly stand in the front hall by myself. Well, nearly by myself. Not long had lasted before a white fluff ball had happily run out to me and began sniffing my leg.

"Hi," I happily cooed and crouched down on the floor softly patting the dog in front of me.

Not long had passed before I just casually sat down on the floor and the dog immediately crawled into my lap, happily getting comfortable as I patted her and stroked her fur softly.

"Lo-" Sunghoon stopped in his tracks as he looked at me, before simply shaking his head and continuing what he was about to say, "mom said there were left over dinner for us to take if we want some before bed."

"Okay," I nodded at him before turning back to the dog in my lap.

We had gotten to the place quite late, and as far as I knew Yeji was already in bed and his mom was only still awake because she wanted to make sure we got here safely.

"So what are we going to do?" Sunghoon questioned making me shrug.

"I'm not really hungry," I shook my head.

"But... you should be gaining weight," he muttered making me just nod and carefully stand up, letting the dog quickly run off first.

"But one day of not eating a dinner won't hurt me," I shook my head at him with a small smile on my face, "come on... I'm tired."

Sunghoon just quietly nodded before waving for me to follow after him down to his room. I would be staying in his room as well for the extra time I would be staying here.

We both got ready fro bed, me finishing before Sunghoon. Which also meant I had been given time to just sit in his bed, being joined by his dog in less than ten seconds.

I grinned widely as I laid on Sunghoon's bed, his dog laying on my stomach as I just continued to stroke her fur over and over again.

"Lo- ah seriously!" Sunghoon complained at me, "you're my girlfriend!"

"And Gaeul is now my dog," I reasoned making him sigh and close the door behind him.

Sunghoon immediately marched over and grabbed Gaeul from my stomach before placing her on the floor.

"Hey!" I complained making Sunghoon just sighed and lean down to peck my forehead, crawling over to lay beside me.

"You should be cuddling me not Gaeul," he pointed out making me just stare at him before rolling over on my side to turn my back to him.

"Come here," I muttered and Gaeul immediately jumped up to lay beside me.

I grinned in victory as I wrapped an arm over Gaeul and began stroking her fur softly, hearing a sound of dismay behind me. I did ignore the sound as I gave all my attention to Gaeul, but I didn't get to do it for long before I felt an arm slide over me and lift me over on the other side of Sunghoon.

"I'm the one you should cuddle around," Sunghoon complained to me, "not Gaeul."

"But... dog," I excused and lifted my hand to point over to where Gaeul laid.

"No, not a chance. You can cuddle with her as much as you want when I go back to the dorm," he excused making me just look at him, "I said what I said... I'm your boyfriend and I need you love and attention."

"Fine," I muttered and wrapped my arms around him, earning a happy hum from him.

However, having my arms wrapped around him also gave me the opportunity to reach Gaeul to pat her softly.

"I'm not stupid you know," Sunghoon spoke and grabbed my hand that was patting Gaeul.

"But why?" I complained at him making him just press a kiss to my forehead.

"Because I am only here for a few days and I need all of the love and attention to thrive off when I go back," he excused making me sigh before just nodding.

I retrieved my hand that was patting Gaeul and just placed it in Sunghoon's hair instead. I softly ran my hand through his hair and patted the back of his head a few times before letting my hand drop again, not searching for Gaeul this time.

"I'm the boyfriend, I need love and attention," Sunghoon softly reminded making me just nod at him.

"You're like a big dog," I commented making him let out a small huff.

"Sure, if that's what you want to call it," he hummed in return.

"It is what I want to call it, if you get jealous of a little dog," I retorted.

"Stop it and give me love," he sighed.

I grinned in victory before just pecking his cheek softly and laying my head back down on the pillow and let my eyes fall closed.

"I'd always like you more than any dog," I assured and patted his back softly.

"You better."