| 26 |

Distress. I think that was the proper word to use at the moment. I was in absolute distress. Jake finished reading before he glanced around at each of the boys before his eyes landed on me.

"Hana... are you good?" he hesitantly questioned.

"It wasn't supposed to get out," I sighed and tapped my fist on my chin, "I didn't want it to get out. It's personal matters, but now they all know and can bash me as much as they want for it."

"They don't have solid ground to bash you for anything," Heeseung pointed out, "the article is literally about you suing your mom."

"They'll find something," I shook my head, "and suddenly this will turn into more than a lawsuit. If those documents have been leaked... they would literally be able to find anything on me. What do I then do? Do I even have some dirt they can dig out? I don't even know anymore. I'm rambling now, am I not? "

"Could we maybe... keep it in Korean?" Sunoo spoke up.

"Sorry," I muttered.

"You know you switch languages quite easily when you're in distress," Jay nodded at me.

"Just be happy it isn't Italian," I warned him making him open his mouth to say something before just frowning at me.

"That's the language! I've been trying to figure out what language you were speaking with your mom, that one time," Jake snapped his fingers in realization.

"You didn't know noona spoke Italian?" Jungwon frowned over at him as Jake just shook his head, "your grandpa is Italian, right?" Jungwon turned to me as I just nodded.

"It was a small bit german and dutch too, wans't it?" Sunoo questioned.

"Minimal," I stated with a nod, "okay... I'll try and stay in Korean for now," I sighed and ran both hands through my hair.

"I mean... so far there's only supportive comments under the article," Jake stated as he looked down at his phone, thumb scrolling down, "oh... never mind," he muttered and turned off his phone making me let out a small sigh.

"Okay... it's fine. It's gonna be fine," I sighed, "I think... I'm just gonna go try and get my mind of things. I feel tired anyways... yeah... I think I'll go rest a bit. Sounds like a good idea, doesn't it?" I stated as the boys just stared at me.

"Hannie, you're about to go right out of your mind," Jake stated and I just hummed as I stared out in the blue.

"I know... I'm really trying to keep my compusre right now," I excused as I pressed my lips tightly together, "please inform me if a blood vessel in my eyes pops."

A sigh echoed throughout the living room, before Sunghoon grabbed my wrist and pulled me up from the couch. He silently just began dragging me along after him, much to my confusion.

"What are you doing?" I questioned in confusion as he pulled me into the bedroom.

"I'm not letting you sit out there and try to compose yourself, let alone let you go in here alone to lay with your own thoughs," he simply stated before swiftly picking me up and placing me up on his bunk. Making it look awfully easy, compared to what I thought it would be.

"I wasn't aware you were that strong," I commented making him let out a small smile.

"You're not that heavy," he excused and I just hummed before his face turned serious again, "right, so here's what's gonna happen. Right now I don't care how far you feel that we are. You're gonna try and rest, in my bunk, I'm gonna lay and hold you. Right now you need to be comforted and as far as I know I'm your comfort place. So no matter how you still might feel about me, I'm gonna act like the comfort place you see me as."

"Sung-" I started off and he just shook his head.

"No," he sternly shook his head, "I'm not gonna let you lay in your own world and hurt yourself. If that's what you're gonna do, let me be there to comfort you. I promised to be there in case you were gonna fall down again, so now I'm fulfilling my promise."

I didn't get to deny him the chance before he had crawled up in his bunk and wrapped an arm around my waist before placing his chin on my shoulder.

"Please... please let me be there," he quietly muttered.

"Okay," I breathed out with a small nod and felt him pull me down in front of him as he threw the duvet over me.

"Try and sleep if that's what you need," he stated and placed a small kiss on my cheek.

I sighed before letting my eyelids fall. I really wanted to sleep it off, and I desperately tried to empty my head. But it didn't happen, various thoughts kept swirling around, disappearing and appearing any time I tried to sleep.

"Hoon?" I spoke up and earned a hum from behind me, "can you keep talking? My thoughts are making it impossible for me to sleep."

"Of course," he assured me, "what do you wanna... what should I talk about?"

"I don't care," I assured, "I just need to hear something that isn't about everything that's going on."

"Hmm," he hummed, "I was actually thinking about taking you somewhere when we finished promotions for our next comeback. Just a weekend, you and I."

"Where?" I questioned him and he just shrugged.

"Well... you've only seen Seoul and Jeju, so I was thinking maybe Yangyang-gun, we could go see Naksan beach," he excused, "it's quite pretty. I think you'd like it and find it relaxing. Get your mind off things."

"Won't people find it weird that it's just the two of us?" I questioned as he just shrugged at me.

"The fans know we're close," he excused, "maybe not in what way... but they know. I think they'll find it cute."

"Maybe," I hummed at him, "can you loosen your grip on me?"

"You're not getting up, are you?" he questioned and I shook my head.

He hesitantly lifted his arm and I turned around to face him, before wrapping my arms around him and pulling myself into his chest. He let out a small laugh before running a hand through my hair and placing a kiss on my forehead.

"Your arm is gonna end up sleeping," he pointed out and tapped the one I had shoved under him.

"I don't care," I muttered into his shirt," I just need this right now."

"It's a bit uncomfortable, if I have to be honest," he admitted making me immediately begin to pull my arm back to me, "no, no, no. I'll live. If this is what you need right now, it's alright."

"Are you sure?" I questioned him and he just nodded as I looked up at him, "Okay..." I muttered before burrying my face back into his shirt.

"But would you be willing to go with me?" he questioned, going back to his little idea of a quest, "to Yangyang."

"Sure," I nodded at him.

"And you're comfortable enough with it?" he questioned and I just hummed, "you sure? You haven't even kissed me yet. It's been weeks of us building this up again, you think you can be alright with going."

"I could kiss you right now," I muttered, "I'm just scared."

"Of what?" he questioned.

"Then I'll be completely in the mindset that everything is back to normal. I'm scared this will happen all over again," I admittted and he hummed.

"I promise you that... if I ever... if I ever hurt you again... god forbid it... then you won't be dealing with me again," he assured and rubbed my back softly, "I can forgive myself for doing it once, but a second time. I can't do that."

"Promise?" I questioned him.

"I did promise to catch you if you fall," he pointed out and softly ran his hand over my hair, "and I intend on keeping that. Just tell me... for how long could you have kissed me?"

"About... two weeks I think," I stated, "I've wanted to... but I haven't dared."

"Take your time. Don't stress about it."