Nightmare

October 2021

"No! Please listen to me... Sunghoon!" I called out for him as I watched him rush away from me.

"No!" he turned around whilst just continuing to walk backwards, "you lied! You lied again! You keep breaking my trust."

"I didn't lie!" I called out as I watched him step away and out on the street, "Sunghoon!"

He immediately disappeared from my sight once a bus passed by an-

I abruptly sat up in bed before quickly crawling back and pushing my back tightly up against the wall behind me. I pulled my knees up to my chest and grabbed onto my head tightly in my hands as I was breathing heavily and trying to calm myself down

"It's not real, it's not real, it's not real," I kept whispering to myself before slowly looking down to Sunghoon beside me.

By the moonlight I was able to his eyes wide open and just starring straight ahead, just freaking me out even more. He looked dead... what if he were dead?

I quickly closed my eyes tightly again and began hitting my head with my hands to try and distract myself from my dream.

"Love?" a quiet voice spoke up making me quickly flinch before I felt someone grab onto my wrists and pull me into a hug.

"No, no, no, you were dead... you were dead," I muttered over and over again.

"Ah... shit... sorry," Sunghoon quickly excused, "you know how I space out when I first wake up. Did I look dead?" I didn't answer, I just nodded my head in a fast manner, "yah... be careful of your neck," he muttered and grabbed onto the sides of my face to stop me from nodding, "was it a bad dream?"

"Yeah," I muttered with a small nod.

"Here," he muttered and brought my head down to his chest. I did not hesitate to grab tightly onto his shirt as I continued to breathe heavily and shake in his hold, "it's alright... look, I'm alive," he stated and patted the left side of his chest before carefully grabbing one of my hands and flattening it out over his chest, "feel that?" he questioned as I felt his heart beating behind his ribcage, making me slolwy nod, "completely alive. Wanna tell me about your dream?"

"No," I muttered as I shook my head and grabbed another fistful of his shirt in my hand.

"Come on, I promise not to laugh," he urged and softly caressed my cheek, "I promise to hug you tightly and tell you that everything is alright. Okay?"

"Okay," I hummed making him smile softly.

"Tell me what happened then," he urged.

"Uhm... I don't... I don't remember what, but we got... we argued, and I think... I think I might've lied about something or... said something," I frowned as I dried my cheeks, "and... and... I was pleading for you to listen..."

"But I didn't, did I?" he questioned and I shook my head before hugging my knees tightly as he tugged my hair over behind my ears.

"And then... uhm... I think... I think you got hit by a bus," I frowned in realization of how utmost ridiculous my dream sounded when I said it out loud, "ah it sounds so stupid," I complained and covered my face with my hands.

"Hana?" Sunghoon cooed out as he pulled my hands off my face, "being hit by a bus sounds stupid, it really does... but it still scared you, didn't it?"

"Yeah..." I muttered with a small nod.

"And you know why it scared you?" he questioned and I nodded at him, "why?"

"Because I'm scared of losing you in a hurting way," I muttered making him hum and brush my hair out of my face, before he grabbed my chin and turned my face to look at him.

"I will never let this end in a hurtful way... let alone let it end," he sternly assured, "there's no way I'm ever letting you go again. I promised to not hurt you again, and I won't."

"Can I hug you tonight?" I muttered making him softly smile at me.

"Of course," he hummed.

"Are your cheeks red now?" I questioned with a small smile on my face as I sniffled.

"We're not talking about that. Do you want to hug me or not?" he questioned me making me let out a small laugh at him.

"Please, I really need it," I muttered making him chuckle before grabbing my arms and throwing them around his neck.

He carefully laid me down as he held onto my waist and tugged the duvet down around us. Once we finally laid down he once again brushed stray hairs out of my face and pressed a kiss to my forehead, making me smile to myself.

"I should have nightmares some more," I hummed.

"Why?" Sunghoon questioned.

"Because then you finally initiate affection," I muttered, "instead of chickening out last minute and just playing it off as teasing," I sighed and closed my eyes as I pulled myself closer to him.

"I don't chicken out," he defended.

"Mhm... what do you then call it?" I muttered.

"I call it..." he trailed off, "how about we sleep? Yeah we need sleep... long day tomorrow."

"Baby Chicken Park Sunghoon," I muttered to myself.

"Yah... hug or no?" he questioned making me tighten my grip on him, "that's what I thought."