Follower

November 2021

It was quite dark when I had to walk home from the company. My recording session for the next album had dragged out and they were unable to get ahold of one of our drivers, so I offered to just walk home. I had walked it loads of time before... just not while it was dark outside.

And I was beginning to remember why I never walked outside when it was dark, even when I was back at the circus I absolutely refused to go outside while it was dark. I had always just ran straight from the big tent to my trailer if I had to go out into the darkness. Back then it was just because I was terrified of the dark, I still am. Only difference is that now I'm older and also have some not so kind people to fear. 

I always heard about being careful when walking home alone in the dark, especially of suspicious figures that would follow you. It had never happened to me... at least not before tonight. I knew he was following me. I had purposely taken four right turns in a row, so I went in a circle, and he was still following me.

I tried to pick up my pace slowly little by little, so it wouldn't be too evident that I actually was doing it. Whoever the person was they were clad in dark clothes, completely dark clothes, obviously a lot taller than me and probably twice as broad.

In a way I felt like I had been saved when my phone had begun ringing, making me quickly look around, it didn't make the person stop approaching me, in fact they only picked up their pace.

"Hello? " I questioned as I picked up the phone, well aware that it was Sunghoon that had called me. But if the man behind me at least thought I was a foreigner, maybe it would make me less interesting.

"Why is it taking so long for you to get home? You texted me half an hour ago that your recording session was done," Sunghoon immediately spoke.

"Ah, they couldn't get ahold of the driver, so I'm walking," I calmly replied and heard fast footsteps behind me.

"Jake?" Sunghoon called out on the other end, "she won't speak Korean."

"Sup miss Posh?" Jake's voice called down the phone.

"Can you tell Hoon that I'm walking home because the company couldn't get ahold of our driver? " I questioned with a sigh as I heard Jake repeat it to Sunghoon on the other line.

"She's what?" Sunghoon's voice was quite loud to be honest.

"He's not happy Eddie," Jake pointed out.

"Yeah... no, I heard," I hummed at him.

"So... why you refusing to speak Korean? " he questioned with suspicion lacing his voice, making me quickly glance backwards and pick up my pace again as the man had neared a bit too much.

"I may or may not have a follower with me," I hissed at him.

"Can you describe them for me? " Jake questioned.

"Uh... I'd say about... definitely taller than Niki... probably twice as broad as me... clad in all black... yep... pretty long legs, and I'm beginning to struggle here," I complained as Jake repeated to Sunghoon what was happening.

"Where are you right now? " Jake questioned and I immediately looked around my surroundings.

"You know the... the coffee shop we usually go to? " I questioned and he just hummed, "I'm about to turn down that street."

"Sunghoon is coming for you," Jake stated making me just hum as he yelled something out for Sunghoon on the other end, "just stay on the phone with me and we'll chat... and hopefully the person will stay on a distance."