Loveable Weirdo

June 2021

I sat in silence in the couch and just watched... maybe stared... but I'd say just watched, because it may sound a tad bit more creepy. Jay and Niki was playing ther usual game of Mariokart and I had casually just sat down beside Sunghoon on the couch... I wasn't watching the game to be completely honest. Yeah... I was watching Sunghoon.

I think he might've noticed my staring... I mean watching... I actually don't know what sounds worse. But he might've noticed nonetheless. I wasn't completely sure, because he didn't look at me, he just laughed at the screen and the two playing boys. But when he didn't laugh he sat and fought with keeping the corners of his lips down, as they tried to move up into a smile, and I'm pretty sure his cheeks was slightly tainted.

As Sunghoon continued to struggle to keep his lips down from a smile I let out a small laugh and leaned up and kissed the corner of his lips, making him let out a small awkward laugh as he scratched the side of his nose. Eventually, he did glance down at me with a small shy smile on his face. I couldn't help but just smile up at him as he looked down at me.

"What?" I questioned making him let out a small laugh.

"What do you mean 'what'? It's you that's staring at me," he pointed out with a small laugh.

"So?" I questioned with a shrug, "can't I stare?"

"I don't know how to act..." he quietly muttered making me let out a small laugh at him.

"Why would you need to act a certain way?" I questioned him and cocked my head to the side.

"Because I know you're admiring my handsome features," he boasted making me let out a small laugh.

"So?" I questioned him making him look back down at me with a small laugh.

"So... I'd like you to stop, because I'm getting flustered," he admitted.

I immediately let out a small smile before leaning my elbows forward on my knees, so that my face was closer to his. I could already see the small fear spark in his eyes.

"No," I softly spoke making him sigh at me.

"What am I gonna do with you?" he complained making me let out a small laugh as I just continued to sit and stare at him.

As his cheeks began to redden more he kept glancing more and more at me, until he found the only possible way out... placing his whole palm on my face. I'm not even kidding, I literally just got his whole palm plastered onto my face, in his attempt of making me look away from him.

I, however, did not even hesitate before reaching up and moving his fingers slightly apart, so that I could look through them and continued staring at him. Once he realized, by glancing at me, he let out a small breathy laugh before just dropping his hand from my face whilst shaking his head in disbelief.

"You really are not gonna stop, are you?" Sunghoon questioned and I simply shook my head.

"Not planning on it... no," I shook my head at him.

He let out a small sigh before reaching over and wrapping his arm around my neck, easily pulling me over to sit between his legs as he just held his arms around my waist, not even looking away from the screen Jay and Niki's game was playing on.

"Whu-what are you doing?" I questioned in shock, making Sunghoon casually shrug as I felt my cheeks heat up once again.

"Proving that I always win in the game of making the other flustered," Sunghoon casually shrugged before smirking down at me.

"As if," I snorted at him, "your cheeks are still burning red."

"And yours aren't?" he remarked.

"Hyung... I'm sorry, but you literally look like a tomato," Niki stated making me let out a small giggle as Sunghoon looked over at him in shock, "yeah... noona wins this time."

"I do believe I succeed once in a while then," I excused and looked towards the screen, to watch over the game that Niki and Jay was playing, "just let me win today Hoon."

Sunghoon let out a small hum of dissatisfaction as I leaned my shoulder back against his chest and looked over at the screen before looking up at him. He was no longer trying to surpress a smile. I slowly smiled and lifted two fingers and pushed up the corners of his mouth making him let out a small laugh at me.

"Much better," I excused as he just sighed and dragged a hand down over his face.

"You're such a weirdo," he stated in disbelief.

"A loveable werido," I quickly corrected as he just nodded in silence.